Anyone have the games: Captain Tomaday and Ganryu by joshprod?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

zanguijuela
shadow

Re: Anyone have the games: Captain Tomaday and Ganryu by joshprod?

Post#11 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:15 pm

Been looking for these too

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:19 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
It runs like crap super slow down

In the video it seems to work very well!

mazonemayu wrote:Captain Tomaday is a terrible port, at times it slows down to a crawl, when there’s hardly anything on screen

It very much does not Just aes rc4 nothing changed but file names and such NO upgrades to what we have

This not running no where near fullspeed it's super high frameskip

Dreamcast one you show is running at lest static frameskip 3 or 4 easy to tell how jerky it is compared to the above

Just dont use auto frameskip on aes put frameskip 2 or 3 under clock the main cpu over clock the z80 and you will have there port

that's all it is mate

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:21 pm

look above run them at the same time When you move right or left it's easy to tell how slow it really is running and how much frameskip is used on the dreamcast cant call it a port it's emulator
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

streeker
fragger

Post#14 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:21 pm

I just made a few more tests - just to make sure. Seems I've been wrong. The Tomaday emulator does indeed work with some of the other AES roms. "Windjammers" for example. It doesn't work with "Bust-A-Move 1" - that must have been the game I've been testing it with some months ago.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:23 pm

streeker wrote:I just made a few more tests - just to make sure. Seems I've been wrong. The Tomaday emulator does indeed work with some of the other AES roms. "Windjammers" for example. It doesn't work with "Bust-A-Move 1" - that must have been the game I've been testing it with some months ago.

Yeah :) Bust a move 1 has to have bios hack for it to work

Only thing changed on what you can do your self and these is built in settings like fixed frameskip and under clocking the main cpu or under clocking the z80 which you can do in aes4all it's the same thing same code

Just rebuilt with it in romdisk and loader image

Underclocking will make these faster if they dont use all the cpu power most dont Not overclocking

Above is running i have done tests no frameskip and both of these run at 45fps no frameskip So that tell you frameskip 3 nothing on these you cant do using the free one..

Windjammers is also the same once you bought one you have all of them same build check the build on start up on console output on nulldc all built the same time

streeker
fragger

Post#16 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Only thing changed on what you can do your self and these is built in settings like fixed frameskip and under clocking the main cpu or under clocking the z80 which you can do in aes4all it's the same thing same code

The Tomaday one doesn't have the usual CONFIG.CFG, that the other AES4ALL versions used to have. Seems that the settings have been integrated into the main 1ST_READ.BIN for this release.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:49 pm

streeker wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Only thing changed on what you can do your self and these is built in settings like fixed frameskip and under clocking the main cpu or under clocking the z80 which you can do in aes4all it's the same thing same code

The Tomaday one doesn't have the usual CONFIG.CFG, that the other AES4ALL versions used to have. Seems that the settings have been integrated into the main 1ST_READ.BIN for this release.

What i said above it's in romdisk

What your paying for here is the legal use of the rom that's it Since its gpl emulator you could write a written request to them asking for the src code..

If you really think this is a ground up port when you just seen the same program runs other roms it's an emulator based on aes4all which is GPL code..

Your in your right to ask for the src to these builds

recompile aes4all define auto events built config into romdisk change dir in src
int aes4all_load(void)
{

Code: Select all

#ifdef AUTO_EVENTS
   aes4all_filename=(char *)&neo4all_image_file[0];
   strcpy(aes4all_filename,"aof3.aes");
   int nc=0;
#else

Add my rad_fad loader you could make it look 100% the same

change to name of rom there you go
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aldair
Metallic

Post#18 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:25 pm

I tested the Joshprod emulator, the rom was modified to load fully.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:26 pm

aldair wrote:I tested the Joshprod emulator, the rom was modified to load fully.

Mmu memory map dump built into the romdisk that's it no magic here

Just like i talked about before pre file not on the iso image built into the bin file so it loads into system ram there is no problem with stop start system ram is faster then disk accesss

]Virtual romdisk been part of kos since 2002

These are built by chui says it right on debug

Use a hex on the bin compare to aes run with your serial cable it show what Dev it was built on what date it was built etc

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:41 pm

aldair wrote:I tested the Joshprod emulator, the rom was modified to load fully.

5,53 mb is all it is