GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#11 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:25 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
SMiTH wrote:
FlorreW wrote:This is really cool .

Maybe I will be first out with my little homemade game then :)

I agree it is really cool.
FlorreW, make a homebrew game!

He is making one it's coming along good we often talk about things this all come about because of his game :)

Thanks for the kind words , please dont expect it to be of the AAA quality like the games Ian posted , im totally new and just wanted to test to create something that can run via Dreamcast <3

Anyway , its gonna be as simple as possible but im still gonna try to make it a fun little experience.

Game title is: In Odin we trust
Genre: Adventure / Rpg
About: A viking named Rune. He is gonna get a few quests to complete. And within theese quests there will be some enemies to fight in a "turn based" sort of way like the old classic rpgs.

Implemented so far (i know this is ridiculous few things but when one starts to ingame logics one realise how much of a hassle it is...and doing the pixel art in paint oh my god, some parts of it is not copied but "redone" from youtube videos so its not 100% mine like the house)

One quest ...

Player can:
Miss target / Crit target / Use items / Level up / Get random items from enemies / Use items (even if there only is a few) / Check stats (str/def)

Enemy can: Miss target / Crit target

There are a few more stuff in there already i dont want to spoil

Ill post a few screenshots even if there really is not that much to see so far.

oden1.jpg

oden2.jpg

oden3.jpg

oden4.jpg

oden5.jpg

Well , as with my homepage i dont stress it , its done when it is and when it is i will tell, would be fun if someone tried it when that time comes haha. Cheers <3

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#13 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:43 pm

CDDA music while the auto port runs you can set your GB studio game to have music dynamic and CDDA to be background the most advanced sound for any GBC game full GB sound effects and music and also CD stereo music :)

as promised working on hardware :) what can you do well have up to 40 tracks small size and loop or cycle music it has no connection to the rom game you make you use the normal gb music as dynamic music or showing events leave the cdda for the real score of the game making the most advanced game possible sound wise with zero framerate impact :)

Version 2 will be out with more testing soon or when asked for

Video demo of both working together how you make the music what you use is your plan not mine and making things blend is all done with music editor your cd music and tracker music for gb I'm providing the means i dont provide the talent lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Saving fix GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#15 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:48 am

Saving fix update now working

First alpha saving was broken sorry about that had my vmu formatted to bleemcast lol did not test
Attachments
gnuboy[autoport]demo[fix]s.rar
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
gnuboy[Auto]plain[fix]s.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 238 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Saving fix GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#16 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:22 am

New video
I show turbo boost and normal saving from with in game and how that works this for GBS studio dev's wanting to make games for dreamcast

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#17 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:45 pm

So much fun creating haha :D

Im making steady progress with my own little game. It now have 3 quests (out of 5 where the last one will be a challange with hopefully somewhat random generated "dungeon") finished, most of the things are "based" on norse mythologgy.

odinscreen.jpg

As i said before , im a noob when it comes to this and this is my first little project , im doing it becouse its fun. I will post when done on my homepage and here.

Final game will have:
5 quests (last one a random generated dungeon that can be veeeeery long or pretty shor depending on luck)
4 different enemies
3 different bosses (gonna try to give the somthing unique except for the looks)
Upgradable gear and some item like neck and 2 secret items
You can level up every 100 exp and get increased stats
Fights -> Player and Enemy can Hit / Miss / Crit /
Enemy can also do "some" debuff
A Old wise man that can tell you basic stuff about the norse mythology stories :D (no im not religous , its pretty fun stuff thou!)
And maybe more if the energy is there ,

So far i think i putted like 100 hours into this..at least..

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#19 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:05 am

Ian Micheal wrote:you can do 100% fullscreen on hW offcenter is my vga china captureg

Thatas cool !

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:49 am

New game using this project https://ghamson.itch.io/timeknights

Author contacted me i will get them the cdda version for full stereo music on the dc port..

Video of the dc version in action tomorrow download on the io page really nice game..