GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ghamson
noob

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#21 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Just noticed this - thanks for shout out Ian… appreciated :-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GB studio for Dreamcast auto port version make your own retro games With GBC support

Post#22 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:47 am

Your welcome i had some problems with my dev so tiny bit delayed but i will get it to you :)

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#23 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Goodness, I was looking for some aes4all threads for where I first read about cdda, I'm pretty sure it was neogeo threads I first read about it in.

Seen this because I searched cdda. Have to bump it, super cool, I'm gonna mess with this loads

Just the sheer amount of stuff is overwhelming let alone trying to remember it all. I think I need a fresh browser with no bookmarks so I can bookmark everything.

Gameboy + CDDA and FMV

UAE-Auto

Amiga CD16

gens4good, I think is the name of the most up-to-date and fairly capable gens emu

The SNES pack

DreamBor

Nester

SMSPlus

Aes4all

NeoCD

Next I'll find something like one of those only or mostly japanese systems except Ian will have added FMV and CD music...some such like a Pocket Color or Wonderswan.

Once I have all these different emulators and such organized myself and easily get to anyone of them I'll make an organization thread as the first step to a noob tutorial.

If there's anything I'm missing I'd appreciate a heads up. If you can't find the thread yourself don't worry about it, I'll do the digging if you let me know it exists. Just tell me what to look for and I'll find it eventually.

Anyway, yeah, this is really cool. Everything should have fmv and cd music and a whole creation kit too. I have so many projects now because there's so much cool stuff but I have to say the idea of making a game, even a very basic game like pong or some such, and making my own videos and music to go with, very alluring.

wallamasterr
noob

Post#24 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:18 pm

@Ian Micheal
Hi Ian. This seems like a great tool.
Similar to the modifications i had done to nesterDC to port nes games(I think we chatted briefly in a youtube comment) [I payed a friend to make the edits but hes really busy lately]
https://lowtekgames.itch.io/nes-to-dreamcast

Iv been working on a gb studio game in the flea universe and want to look into how fesable porting to dreamcast is.

so

Iv been trying this out and have a couple questions.

Is there a way to change the amount of pictures or the order.
when i remove some or rename them they just dont show but leave the same amount of time as if they had almost. the currant config is a lot of images and it takes a while t get to the game.
Is this the case or am i missing a step?
I managed to replace the adx file and get my intro jungle to play whitch was cool.
The way you add the files is great

The other question i had was about saving.
I saw the video where you showed the save state feature but dose the emulator support the gameboys native save files?
Unlike the emulators inital purpose if were using it to port 1 game to self boot it would be good if it used the native save and just picked the vmu in the first controller slot. Did everything behind the scenes.

On that it would also be great to be able to disable the speed features and other emulator specific features aswell as boot up/debug text.
We did that in for the nes dreamcast auto boot thing and it just makes everything feel abit more native and offical

You also mentioned custom vmu images whitch would be great. Aging in our nes tool we added this that grabs a bmp image and displays it.

I hope you continue to develop this so we can see some cool homebrews use it for releases in the future.
Its been great seeing people use our NES solution over the last few months but its not perfect ether. lackign saves and your cool into images and music.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:51 pm

I can do all that for you the intro api i can change to as many images or less as you want etc it was only demo of what it could do.. the other parts of the emulator yes i can make it look more native .. :) CDDA can be used as background sound track that plays 40 mins etc and loops

Sr native saves work as well as long as you quit to the main menu i will make that more native feeling thank you for your interest and feedback :)

possible to have fmv intro as well runs 24fps so you could do gameboy colour or gb in game grafix and use xvid to display it lot of features could be added..

I will look at getting these ideas read yes custom vmu display etc getting rid of most functions so feels more native

wallamasterr
noob

Post#26 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:31 am

Sweet. Thanks. This is gona be really great.
OO fmv intros sounds good
Good to know about the saving if return to menu. il have to test it out.
Is there a way to hook into the save features and only call it when it would be called on gb hardware. I remember hearing someone talk about this somewhere recently. might have been among all the analogue pocket stuff or flash carts.
Again a way to make this seamless i think is key. As if it were a native Dreamcast game.

The CDDA audio stuff is cool but I think it could be a little weird or clash having the sounds from the game play at the same time as a cd audio track and it not changing interaction to the game could also be weird.
I prefer having the CDDA for the soundtrack to be played on cd players. Only recently found out that you can just add this as a feature in bootdreams.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:48 pm

wallamasterr wrote:@Ian Micheal
Hi Ian. This seems like a great tool.
Similar to the modifications i had done to nesterDC to port nes games(I think we chatted briefly in a youtube comment) [I payed a friend to make the edits but hes really busy lately]
https://lowtekgames.itch.io/nes-to-dreamcast

Iv been working on a gb studio game in the flea universe and want to look into how fesable porting to dreamcast is.

so

Iv been trying this out and have a couple questions.

Is there a way to change the amount of pictures or the order.
when i remove some or rename them they just dont show but leave the same amount of time as if they had almost. the currant config is a lot of images and it takes a while t get to the game.
Is this the case or am i missing a step?
I managed to replace the adx file and get my intro jungle to play whitch was cool.
The way you add the files is great

The other question i had was about saving.
I saw the video where you showed the save state feature but dose the emulator support the gameboys native save files?
Unlike the emulators inital purpose if were using it to port 1 game to self boot it would be good if it used the native save and just picked the vmu in the first controller slot. Did everything behind the scenes.

On that it would also be great to be able to disable the speed features and other emulator specific features aswell as boot up/debug text.
We did that in for the nes dreamcast auto boot thing and it just makes everything feel abit more native and offical

You also mentioned custom vmu images whitch would be great. Aging in our nes tool we added this that grabs a bmp image and displays it.

I hope you continue to develop this so we can see some cool homebrews use it for releases in the future.
Its been great seeing people use our NES solution over the last few months but its not perfect ether. lackign saves and your cool into images and music.

Yes all this is done after the tmnt collection I will release this above it's also i have worked updating the render and optimizing speed

example of smoothness https://streamable.com/67jg92

Nobletaran
dark night

Post#28 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:03 pm

Ie there as cdi or gdi with all gbc games

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#29 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:55 am

thanks for the 'bump'
completely missed this other gem from Ian ++