Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SONICR
shadow

Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

Post#1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 pm

G'day fellow Dreamcast Cores. I am on a Ghost Adventure to make a series of independent paranormal products and video games series. I am the owner of the brand "The Real Ghost Corps". I have been trying to find individuals interested in joining this master quest, especially to make a homebrew game series for various platforms. I'm not too skilled in such a quest, with my main skills being in directing, concepts, marketing, and quality control. I originally started this quest in honor of my friends, such as Ken Soohoo, of the days of Planetweb Inc. and Digital Pictures.

If anyone with interest and skills here in the Dreamcast community would like to join on this adventure, come on!

"We Believe In You!"

Http://ECTO7.COM/

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Wanted: Developers - Ghost Cores

Post#2 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:13 am

Wow! Interesting.

mstar
Doom

Post#3 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:26 am

In one word: WAT?

I mean, i get you're looking for devs - but can you expand on that? What's your vision, what the fsck is a "Ghost Core"? Why does anyone care about "The Real Ghost Corps"?

I get you're in marketing (who would've guessed after reading that paragraph) - but you've gotta explain your audience why they would want anything out of your "master quest" and what that even entails.

SONICR wrote:make a homebrew game series for various platforms

You haven't even stated what your vision is for one game, and now you're already on a "series for various platforms"?

Any concept art, half a paragraph of the story - even a rough one?

Who is going to pay for it? Do you expect people to work for free on it?

beanboy wrote:Wow! Interesting.

Is it?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:33 am

mstar wrote:
beanboy wrote:Wow! Interesting.

Is it?

I deliberately replied just to see, if he would explain what this whole thing is about.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#5 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 am

It's from the real ghostbusters franchise , the real ghost corp is a subsidiary from columbia and sony pictures.
They hold all the brand of the new movies.

The company is headed by Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd, along with Reitman's Montecito Picture Company partners Tom Pollock
Last edited by Dakangel on Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SONICR
shadow

Post#6 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:01 am

There is no one game idea or answer obviously. Each platform has it's own strengths, suited to different game concepts I have in mind. Racing, JRPG, Arcade, Platformer. For Dreamcast I'm wanting to do a mixture and have it as a HD basis for the Genesis series, based on the 1990 Ghostbusters: Genesis game.

I was a investor for Arcade Racing Legends, with the ECTO-777 vehicle. I was also a investor and beta tester for Watermelon Games, for Pier Solar, and a prior beta tester to Black Lantern Studios once in their early days before they got contracted to Nintendo Gameboy Advance titles. I was never paid to do such. I volunteered my time, just as anyone does to further their career and to start projects. Should any money ever be involved, the community would have to be presented a concept demo and fundraiser.

I had ideabuyer.com interested in funding up to 50% for any project I got off the ground in a concept stage, but 2020 hit and they went under. So I'm back where I started on a partial investor part. The project is estimated at a $100k minimum, to get made as a packaged physical medium, be it a estimated 3000 custom cartridges or less $ for pressed CDs for any platform. So for me to contract hire developers after a successful concept demo and fundraiser, it's looking at a good $200k plus taxes in the estimates. You can thank the guys at Watermelon for helping me at least have estimates. Anything under $100k is too risky for a high quality game, unless it's Tetris or Pong... Ha!

Yes, I have my main plot and do random sketches for concepts. The story revolves around the mysterious Dr. D., the Phantasm Jewels and a time arc. Yes I'm a Sonic fan. :roll:

7 main platform stages around the world based on a mixture of Ghostbusters:Genesis and Contra:Hard Corps.
7 Special Stages based on some arcade Sega titles.

Currently all other developers I've spoke to either are busy or not interested atm. So I'm hitting forums again. Thanks everyone for your time in replying.
https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/in/ecto7

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#7 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:25 am

You are the brand owner, you want a demo and a community fundriser first to later invest in it.
Your job will be as director throwing some ideas but don't have any concrete one jet.

Finally as a tester you want a mix of contra, sonic and ghosts in a racer puzzle game.

Mmm there are some ghost in here...

SONICR
shadow

Post#8 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:46 am

Ssssure, Something like that... :lol: :roll:

Obviously this isn't a development forum and more of a pirated shareware forum I take it...? Sounds like the old days of yahoo groups. Off to the next forums I go then. Anyone serious in development, I'm willing to talk with. Take care!

My original trademarked brand legal info for those interested
https://uspto.report/TM/88550698/FTK20190802172638/

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 am

SONICR wrote:Ssssure, Something like that... :lol: :roll:

Obviously this isn't a development forum and more of a pirated shareware forum I take it...? Sounds like the old days of yahoo groups. Off to the next forums I go then. Anyone serious in development, I'm willing to talk with. Take care!

My original trademarked brand legal info for those interested
https://uspto.report/TM/88550698/FTK20190802172638/

Got quite a few developers here most active just check people with green name

mstar
Doom

Post#10 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:35 am

Not sure if we're being trolled by GPT-3 or what...