Rise of the Triad

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Rise of the Triad

Post#21 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Let me know if it's hard crash every time i think i be the only one other then bero that can rebuild this thing needs patched newlib custom gcc3.0 other Bero wackyness

If you can save before then reboot then load and play it prolly work fine lot of his things have memory leaks over time when you play

cmoxm
undertow

Post#22 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:24 pm

Thank you. I just find it strange how it freezes after you kill the general. The game runs fantastic up until that point.

cmoxm
undertow

Post#23 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:06 pm

It is a hard crash every time I load the game and kill the General. I've even deleted the save and tried it again and still it hard crashes.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:18 pm

cmoxm wrote:It is a hard crash every time I load the game and kill the General. I've even deleted the save and tried it again and still it hard crashes.

Ok good to know some one really play tests these things Bero is long gone this was like 2002/3 So i will now take a look at the problem it's based on very old sdl and very old kos and could be part of the problem and the src is very old as well ..

I tend to port and upgrade and fix all old fps on dreamcast dont expect it right away fix

I have to do a lot of work to get this thing to build again last time i did was 2004..

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#25 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:26 am

upon play testing I figured out that you move too slow to clear area 5 you move like a snail so its impossible to be fast enough to complete the level I tried strafe and it still didn't let me go fast enough as far as saving and loading it works fine other than that I can't complete area 5
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

cmoxm
undertow

Post#26 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:49 am

I'm talking about killing the boss from the first episode. When I kill the general the game freezes? Does that happen to you?

cmoxm
undertow

Post#27 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:55 am

I can complete area 5. When I kill the boss General John Darian my console freezes.

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#28 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:05 pm

I will try playing as another character as the levels for each are a little different
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

cmoxm
undertow

Post#29 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:31 am

I played as Taradino Cassatt.

cmoxm
undertow

Post#30 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:32 am

I've also tried with other characters and I get the same result after killing the General. The console freezes. When resuming from a save in any level it is fine.