Rise of the Triad

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

cmoxm
undertow

Re: Rise of the Triad

Post#41 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:55 am

I've tried the game with a new sd card (sandisk) and the game still freezes after I kill the General. I have tested this numerous times and still it always freezes the console.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#42 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 am

cmoxm wrote:I've used the CD-R version of the game, the one you posted just recently. I also have tried the game using the other version and I get the same result. My console works fine with every other game. I guess the only real way to know if it is a bug in the game is to test it on another console with a GDEMU.

Game works fine from a burned cdr so it's a gdemu bug timing maybe

It's very old code and kos before there was a gdemu it might have problems with the data speed of a gdemu compared to a cdr which is a lot slower

Fast timing is causing it to not have time to load the last bit

Nothing much can be done for this for gdemu user but to rebuild the game and change the file loading it was very much BERO file system he only could test it in 2002 with a burned cdr there was no dc emulators ether..

SO it works for proper non modded hardware..

This is 18 + years old crusty alpha was never claimed to be working right to the end

Bero left in 2004 to give you an idea how old this is..

No free homebrew is claimed to be perfect or work correct if it was you be paying for it..

cmoxm
undertow

Post#43 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:16 am

Ian could you please test out Rise of the Triad on a GDEMU Dreamcast? I would really like to play past the level after you kill General Darian. Please can you look into it? The game freezes.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#44 » Sun May 07, 2023 5:55 am

cmoxm wrote:Ian could you please test out Rise of the Triad on a GDEMU Dreamcast? I would really like to play past the level after you kill General Darian. Please can you look into it? The game freezes.

Not trying to sound negative but that might be alot of work. Not only trying to find whatever might be causing the freeze , but also to test play the game every time to the end to check if whatever he made fixed it.

Also fixing it might in worst case break something else earlier in the game.

Go with Doom instead my friend :)

cmoxm
undertow

Post#45 » Sun May 07, 2023 6:25 am

Thank you very much. I have one more question is it possible for someone to mod the Sega Saturn Doom to run at a constant 60fps?

cmoxm
undertow

Post#46 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Does anyone think the Sega Saturn Doom will get re-done one day? I mean someone could surely make it run at a better fps.

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#47 » Mon May 15, 2023 8:15 pm

cmoxm wrote:Does anyone think the Sega Saturn Doom will get re-done one day? I mean someone could surely make it run at a better fps.

Sega Saturn doom was a horrible port but there is a pc port of doom for dreamcast with mods and all go here you will find it
https://archive.org/details/DreamcastSelfBoot
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#48 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 pm

cmoxm wrote:Does anyone think the Sega Saturn Doom will get re-done one day? I mean someone could surely make it run at a better fps.

Subscribe to this genius - it's not DOOM you'll just have to settle for an Unreal showcase running on the Saturn and with a bit of luck and a fair bit of patience you might even get a chance to play Hell Slave one day.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#49 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:19 am

DarkVampire295 wrote:

Sega Saturn doom was a horrible port but there is a pc port of doom for dreamcast with mods and all go here you will find it
https://archive.org/details/DreamcastSelfBoot

I hope to see someone take a crack at it one day. It's a shame what Saturn got for Doom. 32X finally got an amazing doom port, and I hope to one day see something similar on the Saturn. https://youtu.be/CRUtrT2cZNk

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#50 » Fri May 19, 2023 7:49 am

How advanced is Beros port of RotT for the Dreamcast? I've sadly never played it. Does it run with full FPS? Can the controller settings be changed?