openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#181 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 pm

LeSpank wrote:
FlorreW wrote:If you try the same images on the "old gdemumenu" version out there , do you still have this problem ?

Good idea, I just did exactly that - on the 'old' GDEMU menu (madsheep??) everything runs perfectly at 60Hz. No 50Hz, no borders.

So that should mean there is something odd within openmenu software then. I'm sure MrNeo will look into it when he has time :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#182 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm

That actually makes sense, since neo is in North America he has NTSC-U so maybe he wasn't able to test for PAL frequency?

DreamcastDreamer
noob

Post#183 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 pm

what is this exactly? is this a mod for the Dreamcast or a software for a PC?

ChuChu
shadow

Post#184 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:24 pm

DreamcastDreamer wrote:what is this exactly? is this a mod for the Dreamcast or a software for a PC?

Are you familiar with the GDEMU? It's a hardware mod that replaces the Dreamcast disc drive, and allows you to play games from an SD card.

This software (openMenu) is a menu for the GDEMU, allowing you to select and launch games from a customizable interface with cover art.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#185 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 pm

It is a menu for the Dreamcast Optical Drive Emulator called GDEMU. This makes your Dreamcast able to be more like other modded consoles and load up all of your game ISO's from a SD card on a really beautiful menu.

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#186 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:06 am

Has anyone tried this with dcdigital/dchdmi? I've had a message from a member of Dreamcast junkyard saying he just gets a black screen but still has open menu show up on the vmu

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#187 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Ignore last message. All sorted now

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#188 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:51 pm

MarkyB1986 wrote:Ignore last message. All sorted now

Curious, what was the issue? I use DCDigital but have yet had time to test out my friend mrneo's awesome GDMenu replacement here.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#189 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:21 pm

ateam wrote:
MarkyB1986 wrote:Ignore last message. All sorted now

Curious, what was the issue? I use DCDigital but have yet had time to test out my friend mrneo's awesome GDMenu replacement here.

He just hadn't copied over the 01 folder properly. So was user error :)

galaxygod
core

Post#190 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 am

anyone know if the cdi of xenecider works with openmenu? i want to buy it from retro sumus for my dreamcast with gdemu but some of my other cdis of newer games havent worked so if it doesnt work ill continue to just play it on disc