openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AchillesPDX
noob

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#341 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:50 am

mrneo240 wrote:
AchillesPDX wrote:Does OpenMenu have the ability to force VGA mode like GDMenu does? I don't see any settings in the start menu for that. I have a ton of GDI already loaded on my SD card and I really don't want to have to manually patch them all...

Always on, no need to adjust

Definitely not working for me that way. I've got the latest OpenMenu build and NBA Showtime refuses to play because it doesn't support VGA. Happy to help troubleshoot if there's any info I can get you.

EcLlPsE
noob

Post#342 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm

I have registered to thank the developer of OpenMenu mrneo240. Without this program I would have returned the original GDemu I had bought. I couldn't use any program that included GDMENU. If I clicked on any game in the list I was sent to the dreamcast menu. But with OpenMenu it works perfectly. Thanks also to sonik-br for the development of the excellent GD Menu Card Manager. Hopefully the next versions will continue to be compatible with my dreamcast model. Thank you very much :D .

legolas119
fire

Post#343 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:13 pm

thank you very much for all this great work! Do you think that in the future it will be added the missing covers for NG-DEV games too? I posted in this thread the images ready to be uploaded in the next cover pack, if you want to use them :)

RazinX
noob

Post#344 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:50 pm

Sorry if this was asked before (35 pages to go through), but is anyone else having an issue when the menu loads the VMU goes into a never-ending beep? I can resolve it simply by removing the VMU and re-inserting, but curious if this is a known issue or just my VMU being stupid..

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#345 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:16 am

RazinX wrote:Sorry if this was asked before (35 pages to go through), but is anyone else having an issue when the menu loads the VMU goes into a never-ending beep? I can resolve it simply by removing the VMU and re-inserting, but curious if this is a known issue or just my VMU being stupid..

I have not encountered that problem so I don't know :/

CORE316
photon blast

Post#346 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:34 am

@RazinX Make sure that not your Controller Ports Fuse.

Are you using Official Dreamcast Power Supply with 12V Removed because your using GDEMU to reduce excess heat?

If so that can cause that problem too.

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#347 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:46 pm

RazinX wrote:Sorry if this was asked before (35 pages to go through), but is anyone else having an issue when the menu loads the VMU goes into a never-ending beep? I can resolve it simply by removing the VMU and re-inserting, but curious if this is a known issue or just my VMU being stupid..

Are you using the latest build. One of the earlier ones caused a continuous beep. That’s why In the settings there is now an option to turn vmu beep off

legit
shadow

Post#348 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:15 am

Thanks for this beauty. Just some UX-related suggestions for the manager:

- Possibility to add entire folders (scan files)
For .gdi's, you can't put all of them on the same level because of the .bin's and .raw's named equal. So this is the way for unarchived games: Click "+" -> Open Folder -> Select .gdi -> Click "+" -> Return to base level -> Open Folder -> and so on..

- Match case option in function "Batch Rename"
Everthing's uppercase, ignoring file and folder names (to match the convention in IP.BIN Info, I guess). I'd prefer to have an option for that.

That's all, otherwise it's fantastic.

legit
shadow

Post#349 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:15 pm

Sorry for double post but I had some more testing.

It has some problems with CDIs. Most of them don't boot. Pier Solar has no sound for example. 2D House of terror crashes at the intro video of the story mode. With the latest version of the manager and GDMenu everthing worke fine. If you answer the merge request it may fix this stuff.

Edit: Sorry, there is no pull request, I ment if you merge from 1.3.5

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#350 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:40 am

legit wrote:- Possibility to add entire folders (scan files)
For .gdi's, you can't put all of them on the same level because of the .bin's and .raw's named equal. So this is the way for unarchived games: Click "+" -> Open Folder -> Select .gdi -> Click "+" -> Return to base level -> Open Folder -> and so on..

Nope. Keep each GDI in a separate folder - multiple select folders - drag-n-drop. Simple.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski