openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#61 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm

I was doing from jewel case if possible, and otherwise just from reviews or such as found on your favorite search engine

this has transcriptions of most jewel cases:

Code: Select all

https://vgcollect.com/item/8270

and this can be handy to find the images of the actual case

Code: Select all

dreamcast box art airforce delta

Then checking the length of the text and just manually editing down to ~250 characters with a hard MAX of 285, less is fine.
Theres no necessarily right or wrong, just a decent synopsis or some taglines about the game.

Same goes for genre, just use your best judgement and dont fret about it.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#62 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:25 pm

openMenu (alpha) install Instructions:
That *should* be enough for things to work, ping me if not.

Not ready for daily use, but definitely getting there thanks to VERY generous people from here, discord and reddit.

Credits and Readme incoming.

Latest:
https://github.com/mrneo240/GDMENUCardManager/releases/tag/2021-6-23_alpha2 (Includes the below)
https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/releases/tag/2021-6-24_alpha
Last edited by mrneo240 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hasnopants
shadow

Post#63 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:38 pm

I got a good portion of the USA metadata filled in last night, I expect to finish it up tonight.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#64 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:41 pm

hasnopants wrote:I got a good portion of the USA metadata filled in last night, I expect to finish it up tonight.

Thank you Very Very much.

I saw that as i was doing stuff and kept updating the metadata things :D :lol:

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#65 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:02 pm

TechnoST (from the dc-talk discord) testing openMenu:

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#66 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:39 pm

It's really nice to see ppl helping eachother out with this. Thanks @hasnopants and @mrneo240 for pushing this.

I'm sorry I can't do anything atm , as I said I'm on vacation this whole week , but I will start asap to fill in empty spots from Monday evening.

@Mrneo240 would you give me access to the document as well so I can start as soon I get home as well ?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#67 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:25 pm

I'm up for helping add online/modem information to a document for you. Many many titles are missed and I have a thorough spreadsheet with all (to my knowledge) the titles form every region.

hasnopants
shadow

Post#68 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 pm

USA metadata should basically be finished now. Will start helping with the other regions now.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#69 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:57 am

Online information should be pretty much filled out for all regions now too (at least modem based, I have no BBA to test ethernet connected games). I've added whether said games are VGA compatible too as I can't test online features on games that aren't VGA compatible. Luckily there's only a very very small number (about 4 or 5)

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#70 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:03 am

Showing the completed USA metadata database

Video:
https://streamable.com/byu5oa

The accessories, network and genre portion are not implemented in any openMenu UI yet but the data is available in it.
Also I just realized accessories and network aren't added in the metadata conversion process but that's a pretty quick thing to do next.

Thank you everyone.

Also showing how fast and seamless the menu can be as far as load times and such
Video:

[ Play Quicktime file ] 21_06_25_01-19-23_i4Ww4.mp4 [ 5.15 MiB | Viewed 4229 times ]