openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SIMPSONPOWA
shadow

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#421 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:06 pm

galaxygod wrote:just curious has anyone gotten xenocider onto openmenu? the gdemu cardmanager 1.3.3 skips the cdi for me

If you got it work ...would like to see it

galaxygod
core

Post#422 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:36 pm

SIMPSONPOWA wrote:
galaxygod wrote:just curious has anyone gotten xenocider onto openmenu? the gdemu cardmanager 1.3.3 skips the cdi for me

If you got it work ...would like to see it

Nope seems like this game is gonna be Gdmenu only. I even tried ripping my own cdi, no luck, just skips the file

SkullKid55
noob

Post#423 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:11 am

HornHeaDD wrote:Hi there, I have a question about using this nifty little menu version on an arcade cabinet...

I installed openmenu (using the instructions referred to here) and I can get the Dreamcast to boot to the "Licensed by Sega" screen, but once the system loads past that, I get a black screen that blips every few seconds.

Now - to be clear, this is not running on a standard TV, nor an HDTV. This is running on what is called an MGCD. It looks like there are a couple of threads on this forum about it.

Quick rundown: The MGCD allows a Dreamcast to run in an arcade cabinet (15khz monitor) without any modification to the console what-so-ever. Its quite literally plug and play.

Running GDMenu (vanilla) works just fine and loads the GDMenu and Game X or Y, but trying to run OpenMenu results in the black screen I mentioned before. I have a feeling the arcade cabinet being in the mix might be the issue, but I just want to make sure. To clarify, I did indeed grab the .GDI version of GDMenu from the site, and I've ensured the appropriate files are in the appropriate folder/root/etc after using GDMenuCardManager.

Is OpenMenu not friendly with 15khz 4x3 displays? I hope that doesn't sound like a dumb question, I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something in the set up. I did do a rudimentary search in this thread for 'arcade' and only came across some mentions of Atomiswave games and another Dreamcast game with the word Arcade in it. No really - I did a Ctrl-F on all 42 pages of this thread for 'arcade' and other than those few hits I came up with bupkis lol.

If OpenMenu is not friendly with 15khz monitors then there we go - question answered and I wont be able to use it, sadly. At least not on the arcade.

Sadly I'm not able to test it on a regular TV at the moment because I don't currently have my HDMI adapter, nor a Composite capable TV in the house.

Thanks for any help!

I am having exactly the same result butn with a standard HD TV. Tried various versions of Open Menu and Card Manager but same result every time

Lew3030
rebel

Post#424 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:32 am

Hi, so can a .pvr file in a game cause normal gdmenu to crash in the game selection screen?

SIMPSONPOWA
shadow

Post#425 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:34 pm

Lew3030 wrote:Hi, so can a .pvr file in a game cause normal gdmenu to crash in the game selection screen?

which game are you having problem ? i will test

megavolt85
Developer

Post#426 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Lew3030 wrote:Hi, so can a .pvr file in a game cause normal gdmenu to crash in the game selection screen?

yes, maybe I don’t remember in which game there was a non-standard size PVR and this led to a GDMENU reload

Lew3030
rebel

Post#427 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:05 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

yes, maybe I don’t remember in which game there was a non-standard size PVR and this led to a GDMENU reload

Wow never would have thought about that. Since I can’t reverse the PVR back into a normal file. That’s some dev magic for sure. Thanks man.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#428 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:42 pm

Lew3030 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:

Wow never would have thought about that. Since I can’t reverse the PVR back into a normal file. That’s some dev magic for sure. Thanks man.

What game caused the problem?

Lew3030
rebel

Post#429 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:23 pm

I took the PVR out of the game and put in a different one. It works now. I had no idea it was because it was the size.

ChuChu
shadow

Post#430 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:56 am

dubcity wrote:
Lew3030 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:yes, maybe I don’t remember in which game there was a non-standard size PVR and this led to a GDMENU reload

What game caused the problem?

If I remember correctly, Castle Fantasia does this in GDMenu.