openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ChronosWing
noob

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#411 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:28 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
ChronosWing wrote:I'm having some issues maybe someone can help me with. I followed the instructions, everything seems to be working correctly my main issue is some controls to navigate openmenu do not work. Y does not exit to BIOS instead it just changes the view to boxart only. No other button seems to exit to bios. The start button does not bring up the settings menu instead it seems to change the game order. No other button will bring up settings. I've tried reinstalling openmenu twice now starting from scratch but this bug seems to persist and I have no idea how to fix it. The biggest issue for me is not being able to exit to bios.

You've somehow installed a very old version.

The latest should be available on github under releases

I just used GDEMUCardmanager from the opening post? I was under the impression it used the latest version of openMenu? What is the easiest way to update my openMenu with the latest version on the github?

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#412 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:45 pm

Download it and follow the instructions to update

legolas119
fire

Post#413 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:45 pm

hi,
Are Openmenu and GDEMU still updated and will have new release?

In particular i have the following issues with OpenMenu:

1) SORT by NAME doesn't properly work. I opened the issue log time ago but none updated the topic (https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/26)

2) Fist of the North Star: wrong cover and metadata. I opened the issue one year ago but it seems that none fixed it. (https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/25)

3) Missing covers. There are several missing covers, i prepared the covers to be added to GDMENU/Openmenu and i posted them into this topic: https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/23 Please, can anyone help me? In addition i want to add Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga collection. Is it possible to add it into the list with its covers and metadata?
thank you very much!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#414 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:55 pm

legolas119 wrote:hi,
Are Openmenu and GDEMU still updated and will have new release?

In particular i have the following issues with OpenMenu:

1) SORT by NAME doesn't properly work. I opened the issue log time ago but none updated the topic (https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/26)

2) Fist of the North Star: wrong cover and metadata. I opened the issue one year ago but it seems that none fixed it. (https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/25)

3) Missing covers. There are several missing covers, i prepared the covers to be added to GDMENU/Openmenu and i posted them into this topic: https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/23 Please, can anyone help me? In addition i want to add Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga collection. Is it possible to add it into the list with its covers and metadata?
thank you very much!

Covers should be easily doable now.

When I have time I'll add those pr to fix loading games in not alphabetical order. I can't imagine why you'd load in not alpha order but I can fix that issue.

legolas119
fire

Post#415 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:33 am

hi
thank for the fix for the alphabetical order!
If you can, please, can you fix this bug too?
https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/issues/25

Speaking about covers...i'm sorry but i haven't understood...how can i add them?

thanks!

galaxygod
core

Post#416 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:13 pm

just curious has anyone gotten xenocider onto openmenu? the gdemu cardmanager 1.3.3 skips the cdi for me

HornHeaDD
shadow

Post#417 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 am

Hi there, I have a question about using this nifty little menu version on an arcade cabinet...

I installed openmenu (using the instructions referred to here) and I can get the Dreamcast to boot to the "Licensed by Sega" screen, but once the system loads past that, I get a black screen that blips every few seconds.

Now - to be clear, this is not running on a standard TV, nor an HDTV. This is running on what is called an MGCD. It looks like there are a couple of threads on this forum about it.

Quick rundown: The MGCD allows a Dreamcast to run in an arcade cabinet (15khz monitor) without any modification to the console what-so-ever. Its quite literally plug and play.

Running GDMenu (vanilla) works just fine and loads the GDMenu and Game X or Y, but trying to run OpenMenu results in the black screen I mentioned before. I have a feeling the arcade cabinet being in the mix might be the issue, but I just want to make sure. To clarify, I did indeed grab the .GDI version of GDMenu from the site, and I've ensured the appropriate files are in the appropriate folder/root/etc after using GDMenuCardManager.

Is OpenMenu not friendly with 15khz 4x3 displays? I hope that doesn't sound like a dumb question, I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something in the set up. I did do a rudimentary search in this thread for 'arcade' and only came across some mentions of Atomiswave games and another Dreamcast game with the word Arcade in it. No really - I did a Ctrl-F on all 42 pages of this thread for 'arcade' and other than those few hits I came up with bupkis lol.

If OpenMenu is not friendly with 15khz monitors then there we go - question answered and I wont be able to use it, sadly. At least not on the arcade.

Sadly I'm not able to test it on a regular TV at the moment because I don't currently have my HDMI adapter, nor a Composite capable TV in the house.

Thanks for any help!

hipsofjw
shadow

Post#418 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:06 am

I have a DC2VGA adapter on my Dreamcast. It includes Switches for C-Sync/HV and SD/VGA. OpenMenu works with all 4 modes (SD+CSync, VGA+CSync, SD+HV, VGA+HV).

I have a VGA->RCA breakout cable that goes into a switch and then an amplifier that distributes the video signal to a JVC PVM-like monitor and an OSSC.

HornHeaDD
shadow

Post#419 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:15 am

hipsofjw wrote:I have a DC2VGA adapter on my Dreamcast. It includes Switches for C-Sync/HV and SD/VGA. OpenMenu works with all 4 modes (SD+CSync, VGA+CSync, SD+HV, VGA+HV).

I have a VGA->RCA breakout cable that goes into a switch and then an amplifier that distributes the video signal to a JVC PVM-like monitor and an OSSC.

Hm. OK, then I must be doing something wrong.

SIMPSONPOWA
shadow

Post#420 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:50 am

great i love it this menu is so cool