Dream Chess (HDD IDE - SD - CD-R)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Dream Chess (HDD IDE - SD - CD-R)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:37 pm

Dream Chess (HDD IDE - SD - CD-R) UPDATED!

A timeless game type and development from 2007-2011. The game is in 3D, you can change 3D views with stick and select different boards and pieces.
Programmed by Walter van Niftrik and Kris McAulay,
Graphics by Andrew Ball, Brandon May, and Rogier van Schaijk, BlueCrab.

In the 7z file there is the original CDI file.
I made the ISO file for Dreamshell + US/Jp covers. (Hex code changed for IDE)
Cover re-designed by me (only there was in existance an old attempt, I hope you like these)
Dreamshell/RetroDream preset by default except OS: Homebrew

The only detail in Dreamshell/RetroDream is that can not reboot from A+B+X+Y+Start
Dream Chess (US).png

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://mega.nz/file/LSwkxDyb#EFvO16_-d ... Vl01mUFx2M
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Sat May 08, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Dream Chess (HDD IDE - SD - CD-R)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 pm

To correct the information here... The game was programmed by Walter van Niftrik and Kris McAulay, with graphics by Andrew Ball, Brandon May, and Rogier van Schaijk, as the AUTHORS fiile indicates along with a number of other people who were involved in it (including myself).

Also, just to point out that this is GPLed, and you need to include the full source code along with it (and the code to any modifications that were made to it, like adding IDE/SD support if anything was changed to do that). Just releasing a binary of the game is in violation of the license.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 am

I think I remember this on some compilation disc retromadrid? dreamcast.es? Would be lovely to have networking

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#4 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 am

wow, thanks my friend downloading it!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

bshi02
dark night

Post#5 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 am

How can you convert cdi file into iso file which is able to run in dreamshell/retrodream?
I have some cdi file which is not able to run in any preset of dreamshell/retrodream So I think It would be possible to run iso file in dreamshell/retrodream,If you inform me how can you convert cdi into iso file and what address I should change in hex code editor.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#6 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm

bshi02 wrote:How can you convert cdi file into iso file which is able to run in dreamshell/retrodream?
I have some cdi file which is not able to run in any preset of dreamshell/retrodream So I think It would be possible to run iso file in dreamshell/retrodream,If you inform me how can you convert cdi into iso file and what address I should change in hex code editor.

For Dreamshell/RetroDream you do nlt have to change nothing to tje ISO file, only preset OS: Homebrew
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:45 pm

bshi02 wrote:How can you convert cdi file into iso file which is able to run in dreamshell/retrodream?

For Dreamshell/RetroDream you do not have to change anything to the ISO file, only preset OS: Homebrew
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

19SULLY67
shadow

Post#8 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 pm

I followed the link given, downloaded, unzipped ( with WinRAR, not 7Zip, I prefer WinRAR ), then looked in the folder I put it, to unzip in one place and voila.............NO CDI FILE, only an ISO and NRG file and a few pictures, that's it.
SULLY

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#9 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 am

19SULLY67 wrote:I followed the link given, downloaded, unzipped ( with WinRAR, not 7Zip, I prefer WinRAR ), then looked in the folder I put it, to unzip in one place and voila.............NO CDI FILE, only an ISO and NRG file and a few pictures, that's it.

The CDI file is in the 7zip link I shared here, search again
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-