Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

XadPT
undertow

Re: Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Post#21 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:42 pm

My main difficulty at moment is the characters limits, when we make a shorter dialogue text or longer the games go to a different pvr image and just bugs

pitito
dark night

Post#22 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 pm

He Rolly, I have also made a few more translations into Spanish, I say it in case you want to add them.
You can find them on my youtube channel

link

They are all finished, except
Sega Rally (No cdda)
Blue Stinger (pending testing)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X "Kazenban" (Almost finished)

derplayer
shadow

Post#23 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Hey, I am having a bit of trouble saving the files as .PVR that I am editing from Sega GT. I choose "Save as" like I would normally do, but .PVR is not available in the options. I added the plugin to the Effects folder of the latest version of Paint.net. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

You can see in this thread here I am trying to do The Fast and the Furious themed car skins for the game.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13943&start=20#p144197

You put the plugin in wrong folder ;) needs to go into Filetype. But the plugin works best for opening PVR files. Saving support is... meh.

By the way, the russian Translation of Panzer Front was done and sold by a bootleging group in early 2000s by the name "Vektor".
Also my translation port is near done, so stay tuned :mrgreen:

XadPT
undertow

Post#24 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:19 pm

derplayer wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Hey, I am having a bit of trouble saving the files as .PVR that I am editing from Sega GT. I choose "Save as" like I would normally do, but .PVR is not available in the options. I added the plugin to the Effects folder of the latest version of Paint.net. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

You can see in this thread here I am trying to do The Fast and the Furious themed car skins for the game.

You put the plugin in wrong folder ;) needs to go into Filetype. But the plugin works best for opening PVR files. Saving support is... meh.

By the way, the russian Translation of Panzer Front was done and sold by a bootleging group in early 2000s by the name "Vektor".

Where can I get that tool to try with boku doraemon? Thanks

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#25 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:38 pm

pitito wrote:He Rolly, I have also made a few more translations into Spanish, I say it in case you want to add them.
You can find them on my youtube channel

link

They are all finished, except
Sega Rally (No cdda)
Blue Stinger (pending testing)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X "Kazenban" (Almost finished)

Of course I will add them ;) Can I have a list of titles, version and download link / project page?

@derplayer Vektor added ;)
Finger crossed for your project! ;)

PS. New translation on the list : What's Shenmue.

pitito
dark night

Post#26 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:20 pm

derplayer wrote:

Good translation, although I see that you have the same problem as me with the source.
The characters are too wide to each other and not that very well in the box.
Besides the text that is in the binary, there is hardly space to translate it to 2 bytes, at least in my language.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#27 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Can't wait for Panzer Front to get finished! Highly anticipated this release! It is basically War Thunder Tanks for Dreamcast. I think that game took inspiration from this possibly. Maybe no the DC port but the gameplay is so similar.

For anyone who hasn't played it or seen any gameplay, here is what the game is like. Showing Russian since I think more of us understand more of Cyrillic here.

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#28 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks to @pitito aA lot of new games translated into Spanish have been added to the list. Below is a list of a new translation.

Aerowings 2
Aqua GT
Armada
Buzz Lightyear
Capcom VS Snk Pro
Dead or Alive 2 LE
Ducati World Racing
Fighting Force 2
Frame Gride
KISS PSYCHO CIRCUS
Le Mans 24 Hours
Millennium Racer Y2K
MTV Sports: Skateboarding Featuring Andy Macdonald
Nightmare Creatures 2
Prince of Persia 3D - Arabian Nights
Rainbow Six
Reel Fishing Wild
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Sno-Cross Championship Racing
Speed Devils Online
Star Wars - Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars Demolition
Star Wars Racer
Stupid Invaders
Super Magnetic Neo
Super Street Fighter 2X
The Ring
Toy Story 2
Unreal Tournament
V-Rally 2
WWF Attitude

derplayer
shadow

Post#29 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:37 pm

@XadPT
wrote your pm back

@Rolly
dzięki ci :D

@pitito
well yeah it has a bit too much space inbetween, but this could maybe be tweaked like in the russian version (by making the latin letters bigger in the font pvr?)
for more textlength you would need to rewrite the font system that it only loads font letters for single ascii chars in assembler.
a alternative would be to make a dictonary, generate two letter combinations per one font tile, and build a custom font out of it. i will maybe do the second one, but i am not sure yet.

pitito
dark night

Post#30 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:44 pm

I asked @Yzb for help, on the subject of the font, I think the font is good in size, only that the spacing is very wide, I tried to find some hex code to narrow the text as I did in the RE code veronica, but here it was impossible.
In addition, since it is 2 bytes, all the text that is in the binary may cause the translation to be somewhat limited.

My understanding of how to change the font format is limited.

Although I have edited the texture with all the characters for my language, and also the way to insert them into the game, but at 2 bytes ...