Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Rolly
letterbomb

Re: Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Post#51 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:45 pm

New project on the list added to first topic:
cRPG with online function and items trade Rune Jade by pcwzrd13 and ready to download patch for Bokomu no Tatsujin by AnimatedAF!

Bonus - extracted text & files from Capcom & Flagship works - Bounty Hunter Sara.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#52 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 am

I would like to apply translations patchs to Soldier of Fortune and Unreal Tournament. I have downloaded all the softwares but after 5 hours I could not do anything. SOF patch need a "adxencd.exe" i could not find in the web. and for UT, xdelta does not allows me to patch the GDI. need guide please
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

SnowyAria
noob

Post#53 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:14 pm

So Mr. Nobody and I have been working on a short translation for "Former Managing Director Yukawa's Treasure Hunt" (Yukawa Moto Senmu no Otakara Sagashi)! It happens to support a nice font out of the box and has overall been fairly simple text-wise. I attached a preview image of the translation below. All text is translated and inserted.

The one downside is that the images appear to be compressed and we haven't had any luck trying to pull them out. So we wanted to ask here if anyone might be able to help us out! The game itself is only two files, so any images are embedded in the data itself. We can do the editing of the images themselves, we just need help getting them out and back in. There's not too many images that need to be done, mostly the title screen, Yes/No/Okay/Cancel buttons, and a "remaining action points" message when playing the game.

If you can help out, feel free to message me here or over at our translation discord here - https://discord.gg/bewGNtm

Thanks! :D
Attachments
treasure.png

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#54 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:19 pm

one game i have always wanted to see translated is room mania #203

azoo
rebel

Post#55 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:01 pm

I've always wondered if Cool Cool Toon was ever going to get a JP-EN translation. I love that game's art style and character designs, it screams that y2k style that Dreamcast oozed, and the game is fun too.. feel like it's one of my top contenders for a game that deserves a translation on this machine.

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#56 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 am

SnowyAria wrote:So Mr. Nobody and I have been working on a short translation for "Former Managing Director Yukawa's Treasure Hunt" (Yukawa Moto Senmu no Otakara Sagashi)! It happens to support a nice font out of the box and has overall been fairly simple text-wise. I attached a preview image of the translation below. All text is translated and inserted.

The one downside is that the images appear to be compressed and we haven't had any luck trying to pull them out. So we wanted to ask here if anyone might be able to help us out! The game itself is only two files, so any images are embedded in the data itself. We can do the editing of the images themselves, we just need help getting them out and back in. There's not too many images that need to be done, mostly the title screen, Yes/No/Okay/Cancel buttons, and a "remaining action points" message when playing the game.

If you can help out, feel free to message me here or over at our translation discord here - https://discord.gg/bewGNtm

Great news guys! Added to the main list and time to spread the news ;)

yzb
Developer

Post#57 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 am

SnowyAria wrote:So Mr. Nobody and I have been working on a short translation for "Former Managing Director Yukawa's Treasure Hunt" (Yukawa Moto Senmu no Otakara Sagashi)! It happens to support a nice font out of the box and has overall been fairly simple text-wise. I attached a preview image of the translation below. All text is translated and inserted.

The decompression function is at 8C012530, 1st file address 0x2530

a relatively simple compression method, good luck

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#58 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#59 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:22 am

Juegos fundamentales que DEBEN ser traducidos al Español:
1-Rent a Hero Nº1
2-Soldier of Fortune (ya hecho)
3-Vermillion desert
4-Panzer front
5-Advanced daisenryaku (ya hecho)

Pd: Alguien tiene los GDI parcheados en español ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fraggle200
chill

Post#60 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Having never undertaken a translation before I had a look at the Bass Rush Dream files and thought... this seems relatively OK. I could use some machine translation and then, more or less, paste the new text over where the Kanji was and Bob's your uncle.

Then I saw the sheer amount of files that need addressed. Holy Mother of God! is that the sole (no pun intended) reason no-one has done this just due to the volume of work involved? Or is there more to it that I'm unaware of?