The Sonic Decompilations Megathread.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The Sonic Decompilations Megathread.

Post#41 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Yeah it is with chui 1.2.13 and some know how we can far out pace the SDL in standard kos.. so please dont port it using the junk included in kos with the memory leaks and slow video..

Which ever i will fix it when it's done or when some one releases the sdl1.2 port

dcsteve
undertow

Post#42 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:29 am

Sappharad posted the source code to his sonic CD dreamcast port in September if anyone wants to compile it.

https://github.com/Sappharad/rvm_soniccd/tree/dreamcast

He told me on youtube today that he is not focusing on it right now.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#43 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:20 pm

Nah dude, check the date lol. That was from September 2019...

dcsteve
undertow

Post#44 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:36 pm

September was Sappharad's words not mine. Check the comments from 10 hours ago on the youtube video link. You posted in that thread months ago. Anyway, that code from September 2019 is the same build from the video.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#45 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:50 pm

dcsteve wrote:September was Sappharad's words not mine. Check the comments from 10 hours ago on the youtube video link. You posted in that thread months ago. Anyway, that code from September 2019 is the same build from the video.

I will see if it builds it's using old opengl we have much better now with GLDC..

dcsteve
undertow

Post#46 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:53 pm

Nice Ian. Hope it works!

PiMpGranny
noob

Post#47 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 am

I'd really like a sonic adventure 2 battle port. I know it has sonic adventure 2 but to have chao karate would be a dream come true.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#48 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 am

kos-cc -DDREAMCAST -ICore/ -std=c99 -c Core/Scene3D.c -o Core/Scene3D.o
/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-gcc -Os -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer - ml -m4-single-only -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -I/opt/toolchains/dc/kos /include -I/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/kernel/arch/dreamcast/include -I/opt/toolchain s/dc/kos/addons/include -I/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/../kos-ports/include -D_arch_dr eamcast -D_arch_sub_pristine -Wall -g -fno-builtin -fno-strict-aliasing -ml -m4 -single-only -Wl,-Ttext=0x8c010000 -Wl,--gc-sections -T/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/ut ils/ldscripts/shlelf.xc -nodefaultlibs -L/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/lib/dreamcast -L /opt/toolchains/dc/kos/addons/lib/dreamcast -L/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/../kos-port s/lib -o rvmscd.elf \
main.o Core/AnimationSystem.o Core/GifLoader.o Core/ObjectSy stem.o Core/StageSystem.o Core/AudioPlayback_dc.o Core/GlobalAppDefinitions.o Core/PlayerSystem.o Core/TextSystem.o Core/EngineCallbacks.o Core/GraphicsS ystem.o Core/RenderDevice_dc.o Core/FileIO.o Core/InputSystem_dc.o Core/Scen e3D.o -L/opt/toolchains/dc/kos/lib -lGL -lm -Wl,--start-group -lkallisti -lc -l gcc -Wl,--end-group
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/RenderDevice_dc.o: in function `InitRenderDevice':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/RenderDevice_dc.c:64: undefine d reference to `_texBuffer2'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/Rende rDevice_dc.c:64: undefined reference to `_glEnableClientState'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/RenderDevice_dc.o: in function `RenderDevice_Updat eHardwareTextures':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/RenderDevice_dc.c:92: undefine d reference to `_texBuffer2'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/RenderDevice_dc.o: in function `RenderDevice_FlipS creen':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/RenderDevice_dc.c:237: undefin ed reference to `_glEnableClientState'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/Rende rDevice_dc.c:237: undefined reference to `_glDisableClientState'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/RenderDevice_dc.o: in function `RenderDevice_FlipS creenHRes':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/RenderDevice_dc.c:271: undefin ed reference to `_glEnableClientState'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/Rende rDevice_dc.c:271: undefined reference to `_glDisableClientState'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/FileIO.o: in function `FileIO_LoadFile':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/FileIO.c:371: undefined refere nce to `_access'
c:/dreamsdk/msys/1.0/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.7.4/../../ ../../sh-elf/bin/ld.exe: Core/FileIO.o: in function `FileIO_ReadSaveRAMData':
C:\DreamSDK\msys\1.0\opt\toolchains\dc\sonic/Core/FileIO.c:1004: undefined refer ence to `_access'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rvmscd.elf] Error 1

almost built

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:24 pm

So with GLDC could this theoretically fix most graphical glitches? It was already running full speed in the video from 2017. Would sound be working in your version Ian?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#50 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Anthony817 wrote:So with GLDC could this theoretically fix most graphical glitches? It was already running full speed in the video from 2017. Would sound be working in your version Ian?

Pretty sure it be fine all sound is disabled just due to the sdl part of the sound being null out .. there some wierd hacking of opengl and it seems pal worked but used to much texture space vram so he disabled it due to that..

Anyways i have no idea what files this run but i got it built to an elf

rvmscd.rar
(759.89 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Have no idea if it work at all but i got it to build with some small changes.. I dont have the data files to test.. Might have to change all the data paths to read from the cd yet any one can pm me the working data files i can test it but if not here is the first build

here is also the build-able src for dreamsdk and kos 2.0 type make clean and build .. i cant understand some of the hacking of opengl kos commands in this why this was done.. or nulled out sdl sound maybe for speed.. ? or maybe it's sdl2 sdl sound but it looks very easy to port that part to work.. with some simple mods to pvrbuffers.c he could got 1.5mb more texture space vram
Attachments
sonic.rar
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 305 times