SMSPlus

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Lan-Di
Anarki

SMSPlus

Post#1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:19 am

This is an old release that I don’t have the original rars for. So I took the source cd and reripped it..
It’s Sega master system, game gear games on 1 disc..
enjoy! Note: this collection of games showed up in the SEGA 8–bit Memorial!

https://mega.nz/file/9c8TCYIS#DayxFJJ08 ... WH7XPqjpsA

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: SMSPlus

Post#2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:34 am

I recently played this again a few weeks ago haha! Thanks for sharing it Lan-Di! It is a great collection! The Game Gear games are really fun as well.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#3 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:43 am

It makes me happy to see that you still continue to share with us what you have been able to do ;)
Continue like this and don't hesitate to suggest many more, there are many that are very difficult (if not impossible) to find today in your releases.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#4 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:45 am

Dont mean to revive an old thread but anyone know how to convert the PCX Files correctly 8Bit 256 Colors.

I am currently trying to convert png to pcx im using XNConvert? I have tryed Exporting via GIMP but nothing about Color Palette.

This is so I can get Snapshots setup I have Cart Art I plan on testing but dont seem to be loading up.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 am

CORE316 wrote:Dont mean to revive an old thread but anyone know how to convert the PCX Files correctly 8Bit 256 Colors.

I am currently trying to convert png to pcx im using XNConvert? I have tryed Exporting via GIMP but nothing about Color Palette.

This is so I can get Snapshots setup I have Cart Art I plan on testing but dont seem to be loading up.

first up use irfranView...
infra1.jpg

1) Put your snapshots (pcx 256 colors 160x144) in the /snap/gg dir. It's the same requirement as the sms, you must have the same name. So with "Ninja.gg", you must have a "Ninja.pcx" in the /snap/gg/ it will not even display nothing !!!!
and the size has to be for sms roms Put your snapshots (pcx 256 colors 256x192) in the /snap/sms dir. The pcx must have the same name as the rom, so if your game is named "Alex.sms", you must have a "Alex.pcx" in the /snap/sms/

2) the pcx image has to match the romname exact
3) it has to be placed in the snap directory ether sms or gg to match the game.

So every image has to be change to size also use batch convert on irfranView it has the right settings
to make the 8bit pcx image example
infra2.jpg
infra2.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

after all this example of it working
smssnap.png

Hope this helps you lot of work each image has to exact match the rom name and be the correct size for each game type ether GG or SMS the program above makes correct 8bit pcx files ..

CORE316
photon blast

Post#6 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 pm

Excellent thanks Ian I did not think of Irfranview , I also wanted to know about this in case of any future projects etc.. I decide to play around with. I have been sorting the Roms out to my own preference and Artwork was only thing left to do.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:48 am

CORE316 wrote:Excellent thanks Ian I did not think of Irfranview , I also wanted to know about this in case of any future projects etc.. I decide to play around with. I have been sorting the Roms out to my own preference and Artwork was only thing left to do.

Main thing is trying to make the snaps look good at the strange sizes inside the emulator.. Just so people know this has full savestate and such and can turn bi filter off and on and it has true light gun support :)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:50 am

I've gotten covers for game gear figured out. Putting together a rom set now using latest no intro set.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-21 115010.jpg

CORE316
photon blast

Post#9 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:06 am

Just a quick preview with Carts. :D

Only Downside is you need to make Custom Carts for those Unreleased Titles and Homebrew which Screenshots is perhaps easier although I pretty much got like 97/100%.
Attachments
testms.jpg
testgg.jpg

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”