Dreamcast katana files

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: Dreamcast katana files

Post#151 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Cesarm wrote:Just found out dozens of old iomega zip drives I used to backup stuff back then
Let's see if this is still working, probably need to setup an old OS...

Hi there @Cesarm , i just wanted to say welcome and also give you a big thanks for helping out with digging up old information about the game.

May i ask what part in the game development you had ? Im sorry if i missed it earlier in this thread.

Best regards Florre

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#152 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:31 pm

Tomleecee wrote:I always remember thinking there was light gun support, unfortunately I was unable to try it way back when I recorded that video because the owner of the disc didn't have a CRT to test it with (I even took a gun with me to try it!). Then later I was told - I don't recall from where - that lightgun support was misconstrued or an urban myth of some kind. I guess we'll find out now with this discovery (look like it actually is a part of the game thanks to the discoveries in this thread) :D

Got a quick question if you don't mind Tom? We were speaking about some of those other unreleased games you played around 2015 over at the thread I made about these findings over at Obscure Gamers. Wasn't one or 2 of them planned to be shared with you? I think I remember that cart racer game was one that was going to be dumped and sent to you to share to the community? Was the same person going to share that earlier Take The Bullet build, or was that different? I see you were in contact with the creator of the studio according to your posts in this thread. But was that the same person who let you play the game or was that not the same?

If not, sounds like you got in contact with the developer after the article you made? But I was confused if the guy who let you play the game was going to dump the iso or if that was a separate agreement you guys made? Or am I incorrectly remembering?

cast128dreams
minority

Post#153 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:51 pm

yesss that kart racer i mean so shame that we dont have it....also tom u have said that there will be more unrealeased games to be shown back then

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#154 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Yeah I almost forgot there were planned to be more games shown off but never came to pass.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#155 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Any chance of adding links to the CDIs of these titles in the first post? Looking through 16 pages is an epic crawl lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#156 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Roareye wrote:Any chance of adding links to the CDIs of these titles in the first post? Looking through 16 pages is an epic crawl lol

Link to take the bullet build is in the link and on my video easy to find

https://youtu.be/P4YgKC_jY-I

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#157 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:43 am

Please @Cesarm tell us about "take the bullet", what's the story of the game ?
Why it's never released unfortunately ?
Which step of development the game was stopped ?

It's very interesting to know.

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#158 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:25 am

I'm very late to the party here but just wanted to say thanks to all involved in this!

And @Cesarm Nice to meet you - with regards to the controller port problem its most likely the little blue resistor on the controller port board (its blue and sits in front of the ribbon cable connector) just use a pair of plyers to twist it so the bottom legs touch (effectively bypassing it) and it should work lol. (done this on one of my own Dreamcasts).

Watching this all excitedly lol
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#159 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:20 am

spinksy wrote:with regards to the controller port problem its most likely the little blue resistor on the controller port board (its blue and sits in front of the ribbon cable connector) just use a pair of plyers to twist it so the bottom legs touch (effectively bypassing it) and it should work lol.

Nooo! Don't do this! It's there for a reason. By doing this you're risking damage to your controller. The best thing to do is replace it with a 72v 400mA resettable fuse. If it blows, it can be reset by just powering off the Dreamcast for a few seconds.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post#160 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:The best thing to do is replace it with a 72v 400mA resettable fuse. If it blows, it can be reset by just powering off the Dreamcast for a few seconds.

why 400 ma? need 800 ma