RE3 MODS Work with DREAMSHELL

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: RE3 MODS Work with DREAMSHELL

Post#11 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Serial port is max of 652/kb a sec I just have found class 10 cards work better for me 32gb

OK Cool , YEAH I never see anything higher then 652 for SD Cards. :mrgreen:

The class 4 I got is 48mbs which is why sometimes FMV and Cutscenes Skip and are slow etc.

Just want to 100% make sure before doing another dumb move :lol:

Green Ranger
killer

Post#12 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:42 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:
fafadou wrote:Do you have a link for downloading those mod please ?
Did you have try to import PC models to dreamcast version of resident evil 2 ?
RE2 is a win ce game on dreamcast.

Well done thanks for sharing this video :-)

I know this question wasn't directed at me but some years ago I wrote on Dcforums.co.uk that it was possible to mod RE2 for the Dreamcast. When I tinkered with the game I was able to replace models, change graphics, the amount of ammunition your gun held, etc. Fun times.

We really should look into this more with the great start you did make a remasted version :)

My files are archived on an old drive, so I'd have to find them first. If I do I'll let you know. :)

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:29 am

Green Ranger wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:
I know this question wasn't directed at me but some years ago I wrote on Dcforums.co.uk that it was possible to mod RE2 for the Dreamcast. When I tinkered with the game I was able to replace models, change graphics, the amount of ammunition your gun held, etc. Fun times.

We really should look into this more with the great start you did make a remasted version :)

My files are archived on an old drive, so I'd have to find them first. If I do I'll let you know. :)

The only bad news , about this GDI SD Method , RE2 Can't be opened because it's WINDOWS CE ,

But we can still do that with the old CDR Burning Method and also The HDD/IDE can read RE2 just fine.

Here's the thing I am leaving my DREAMCAST Untouched , The CDR Idea is a pain the ass.

I'm wondering if it's some how possible with the GDI Builder , We can some how Strip the WINDOWS CE Coding ? So SD Card can run it ?

Maybe use the guts of a PS1 Version ? , I have the Game Guts if it's possible I will send them to someone so may try to screw with it ?