Getting .bin and .cue files to work on GDEMU?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

victarionmcbain
noob

Getting .bin and .cue files to work on GDEMU?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:30 pm

I recently downloaded a big DC dump from GGN. Unfortunately, the games are all in .bin and .cue format, rendering them unusable with GDEMU. Anyone know a way to convert them to .GDI or CDI or even better, is there a site that has PAL or NTSC-J .GDI dumps?

ARUSS
noob

Re: Getting .bin and .cue files to work on GDEMU?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Last edited by ARUSS on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:27 pm

You really should just download the TOSEC-style GDI rips of the entire DC library and make life easier for yourself.

PAL
https://archive.org/download/18wheelera ... 1segapalm4

NTSC-J
https://archive.org/download/interludev ... rchanneljp

NTSC-U
https://archive.org/download/tosecdcus20190822
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

ARUSS
noob

Post#4 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Yeah, that'll do.

wonderfulwardy
noob

Post#5 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 am

What if the game is an Indie game and cannot be found anywhere on the internet in CDI format?
such as 'Rush Rush Rally Reloaded'.

shikarixkyo
shadow

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:43 pm

wonderfulwardy wrote:What if the game is an Indie game and cannot be found anywhere on the internet in CDI format?
such as 'Rush Rush Rally Reloaded'.

you can rip the raw data from the cue with isobuster or simular program and use lazyboot to make a .cdi for gdemu.i do it with my bgm mods on dc games all the time works like a charm

streeker
fragger

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:13 pm

Unfortunately that ^^ doesn't work for bin/cue rips of MIL-CDs. If anyone knows a working solution for extracting the data of these, that'd be great!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#8 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 pm

streeker wrote:Unfortunately that ^^ doesn't work for bin/cue rips of MIL-CDs. If anyone knows a working solution for extracting the data of these, that'd be great!

True. It is possible to extract everything with Isobuster whether audio/data, cd audio/data or data/data format is used. Mounting the image is not part of the solution. That's all I'm going to say.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri May 13, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

streeker
fragger

Post#9 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:13 pm

streeker wrote:Unfortunately that ^^ doesn't work for bin/cue rips of MIL-CDs. If anyone knows a working solution for extracting the data of these, that'd be great!

Nevermind. I finally figured it out :) In the end it was quite obvious, I have to admit. Could have thought of that before...

All you have to do is to use isofix.exe on the "Track 2" bin and enter 11702 as the LBA value.
Isofix then creates a file called fixed.iso, which finally can be extracted with Isobuster!
Problem solved... at least for two-track MIL-CDs with a standard four-second audio as track 1 :)

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#10 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 am

streeker wrote:

Nevermind. I finally figured it out :) In the end it was quite obvious, I have to admit. Could have thought of that before...

All you have to do is to use isofix.exe on the "Track 2" bin and enter 11702 as the LBA value.
Isofix then creates a file called fixed.iso, which finally can be extracted with Isobuster!
Problem solved... at least for two-track MIL-CDs with a standard four-second audio as track 1 :)

That's a clever solution!

It can also be done by adding one line to the CUE file and will handle all layouts automatically. Hint: It's the Isobuster specific add-on REM LEAD-OUT MSF. Can you figure it out?

https://github.com/libyal/libodraw/blob ... t.asciidoc

From my January 2022 contest post - no winner yet.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=15205
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski