Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#21 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:30 am

kremiso wrote:just made a quick test with old King Quest version (1,2,3) and various ScummDC releases;
seems ScummDC performs very poorly with AGI games, another plugin never implemented correctly :(
the main issue is the audio stuttering, terrible
and also, both analog and digital pads emulate the mouse pointer movement, it would be better
if one emulate the cursor keys instead, to help ie when you must use the stairs or other parts when
the mouse control is not efficient

ok, i'll try if someone of your list performs decently :)

Looking around the web I came across something called SarienDC. It seems to be emulator from 2002 for these games but then merged with scummvw. Not sure if it will help but maybe they will run better on this.

Sarien can play the following games (see the included "sarien.cfg" file for additional information):

Black Cauldron (2.00)
Kings Quest 1 (2.0F)
Kings Quest 2
Kings Quest 2 (2.2)
Kings Quest 3 (1.01)
Kings Quest 3 (2.00)
Kings Quest 3 (2.14)
Kings Quest 3 (2.14)
Leisure Suit Larry 1 (1.00)
Mixed Up Mother Goose
Mixed Up Mother Goose
Police Quest 1 (2.0A)
Police Quest 1 (2.0G)
Police Quest 1 (2.0G)
Space Quest 1 (1.0X)
Space Quest 1 (1.1A)
Space Quest 1 (2.2)
Space Quest 2
Space Quest 2 (2.0A)
Space Quest 2 (2.0C)
Space Quest 2 (2.0F)
XMAS Card 1986
Demo 1
Demo 2
Demo 3
Demo 4
Demo 5
Kings Quest 4 (v2.0)
Kings Quest 4 (v2.2)
Black Cauldron
Black Cauldron
Kings Quest 4 demo
Manhunter New York (1.22)
Manhunter San Francisco (3.02)
Gold Rush (5.25)
Gold Rush (3.5)
Gold Rush (Cracked) (3.5)
Gold Rush (Cracked) (5.25)
Donald Duck's Playground

https://ganksoft.com/products/download-sariendc.html

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#22 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:08 am

never tried Sarien in past, was trying some attempts around one month ago
but seems this one does not like my emulators, cannot test myself

also it force require a Dreamcast keyboard to work
this was my King Quest 1/2/3 attempt, prebuilt with Sarien files (.cdi)
UNTESTED, don't waste a cd for this one, maybe on gdemu or newer emu...

KQ123_Sarien.zip
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 282 times

exawatt
Anarki

Post#23 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:28 pm

kremiso wrote:never tried Sarien in past, was trying some attempts around one month ago

KQ123_Sarien.zip

I finally burned it and it works fine, thank you very much!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:56 pm

kremiso wrote:never tried Sarien in past, was trying some attempts around one month ago

KQ123_Sarien.zip

It also allows fan made games to work as well use to play with it back in the day

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/AGI/Fan_Games

it play pretty much all AGI fan made games there are tons of them

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#25 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:21 am

exawatt wrote:

KQ123_Sarien.zip

I finally burned it and it works fine, thank you very much!

nice :)
which one are you testing, the Scumm attempt or the Sarien one ?
the second one require the dc keyboard to work

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#26 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:31 am

Ian Micheal wrote:

KQ123_Sarien.zip

It also allows fan made games to work as well use to play with it back in the day

i know you are working on a couple of great projects atm, but maybe in future you can reach to unlock also this old one (Sarien i mean) for Demul or NullDC ? just curious about how it performs :idea:

exawatt
Anarki

Post#27 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:50 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

KQ123_Sarien.zip

i know you are working on a couple of great projects atm, but maybe in future you can reach to unlock also this old one (Sarien i mean) for Demul or NullDC ? just curious about how it performs :idea:

sorry for the late reply, I was testing the first cdi image you post to me, the Scumm version

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:30 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

KQ123_Sarien.zip

It worked very well problem is there is no source to the dreamcast port and i have to port it ground up on a dead project.. I guess a rainy day project i have the last pc source to it .. they should of released the dc port source since its GPL but anyways..

Keyboard only i say it works close to perfect i do a video for you to see Music sound no stutter on these games

It's GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2) the src so it was a gpl violation to release it with out the src

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#29 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:It worked very well problem is there is no source to the dreamcast port and i have to port it ground up on a dead project.. I guess a rainy day project i have the last pc source to it .. they should of released the dc port source since its GPL but anyways..

Keyboard only i say it works close to perfect i do a video for you to see Music sound no stutter on these games

It's GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2) the src so it was a gpl violation to release it with out the src

oh sorry my bad here, just made a mash up with both Ganksoft site (DC port) and SouceForge repository, that still host the main project

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:08 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:It worked very well problem is there is no source to the dreamcast port and i have to port it ground up on a dead project.. I guess a rainy day project i have the last pc source to it .. they should of released the dc port source since its GPL but anyways..

oh sorry my bad here, just made a mash up with both Ganksoft site (DC port) and SouceForge repository, that still host the main project

I got a reply from Brian

Sorry friend, that was almost 20 years ago…the source is long gone here. Perhaps old versions are still up on GitHub/Google Code/SourceForge that have my DC code included? It was part of the official source tree long ago before the project was merged with ScummVM.

Might be hope i will take a look the version i seen .070 did not have any dreamcast part or makefiles maybe the older did :)

Anyways was cool to get a reply from Brian ..