Neogeo Battle Coliseum

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

trekts
dark night

Re: Neogeo Battle Coliseum

Post#121 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 am

Still experiencing freezing after a few matches.

yzb
Developer

Post#122 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:29 am

mathieulh wrote:Here is the sram with all characters unlocked.

I am still looking for a way to patch the rom directly to unlock the characters for the NAOMI port.

For the Dreamcast port all you need is to overwrite the sram in track03 at location 0xE096000 with an hex editor or using the dd command from the original post. with the one I provided.

It is already set as freeplay so you can use it as-is.

Link to the whole game with unlocked sram if needed:

https://mega.nz/file/l0smBJ4D#SiiSVWcij ... GWlFBWZKWg

all characters unlocked.

track04.iso 0x10D6D8
02 8b

change

09 00

Regarding the issue of the black screen for too long, you can modify this place to see if it works

track04.iso 0x10A600

86 2f 22 4f

change

0b 00 00 e0

mathieulh
lithium

Post#123 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:53 am

yzb wrote:

I am still looking for a way to patch the rom directly to unlock the characters for the NAOMI port.

For the Dreamcast port all you need is to overwrite the sram in track03 at location 0xE096000 with an hex editor or using the dd command from the original post. with the one I provided.

all characters unlocked.

track04.iso 0x10D6D8
02 8b

change

09 00

Regarding the issue of the black screen for too long, you can modify this place to see if it works

track04.iso 0x10A600

86 2f 22 4f

change

0b 00 00 e0

Thank you for this work!

The first patch only unlocks 2 characters, some hidden characters like neo-dio (you need to put the cursor outside of the selection screen) are not present unless you set the region to Other/English in the test mode for some reason.

the second patch doesn't improve initial loading times on naomi and seems to only cause a small sound glitch right before the title screen loads up on DEMUL (not on real NAOMI though).

UPDATE2: I tested the characters unlock using valid sram on the atomiswave rom in demul, it seems all characters only unlock when the region is "other" even on the Japanese rom (in fact I decrypted both the Japanese and regular rom and they are virtually identical), I assume the extra boss characters weren't ever meant to be unlockable in the Japan region.

yzb
Developer

Post#124 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 am

mathieulh wrote:
yzb wrote:

Thank you for this work!

The first patch only unlocks 2 characters, some hidden characters like neo-dio (you need to put the cursor outside of the selection screen) are not present unless you set the region to Other/English in the test mode for some reason.

the second patch doesn't improve initial loading times on naomi and seems to only cause a small sound glitch right before the title screen loads up on DEMUL (not on real NAOMI though).

UPDATE2: I tested the characters unlock using valid sram on the atomiswave rom in demul, it seems all characters only unlock when the region is "other" even on the Japanese rom (in fact I decrypted both the Japanese and regular rom and they are virtually identical), I assume the extra boss characters weren't ever meant to be unlockable in the Japan region.

I don’t know how naomi runs this game, but I tested it with mode on the dc host and it was effective. The title screen after booting up was significantly faster (this problem is the same as kofnw)

all characters unlocked.

track04.iso 0x10D6D8
02 8b

change

09 00

track04.iso 0xA9E6C
3E 8b

change

09 00

track04.iso 0xA9E84
01 89

change

09 00

mathieulh
lithium

Post#125 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 am

yzb wrote:
mathieulh wrote:
yzb wrote:

I don’t know how naomi runs this game, but I tested it with mode on the dc host and it was effective. The title screen after booting up was significantly faster (this problem is the same as kofnw)

all characters unlocked.

track04.iso 0x10D6D8
02 8b

change

09 00

track04.iso 0xA9E6C
3E 8b

change

09 00

track04.iso 0xA9E84
01 89

change

09 00

Thanks, your new patches work, I no longer need to change the region/language to unlock the extra characters.

saku3
minority

Post#126 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 pm

some news cdi ver.?

Anas4fire
dark night

Post#127 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:56 am

Great! but can you change the commands and make them like this ?: A = LK, X = LP, Y = HP and B = HK

bumfacekilla
rebel

Post#128 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:26 pm

Anas4fire wrote:Great! but can you change the commands and make them like this ?: A = LK, X = LP, Y = HP and B = HK

Extract this inside the game folder and run the included .bat file. :)
Attachments
NGBC SRAM injector.zip
(177.8 KiB) Downloaded 479 times

Anas4fire
dark night

Post#129 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:13 pm

bumfacekilla wrote:
Anas4fire wrote:Great! but can you change the commands and make them like this ?: A = LK, X = LP, Y = HP and B = HK

Extract this inside the game folder and run the included .bat file. :)

I can't, I don't have a computer :( , I'm from android I just want the game with all the characters with the commands I wanted. :roll:

fabio14789
lithium

Post#130 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Neogeo battle colisseum all characters unlock
X=LP
Y=LK
A=SP
B=SK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yi1rd605e ... c.rar/file