Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#191 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:13 am

Is possible for you to share them ?
Else they will be released later by pixelheart or joshprod ?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#192 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:39 am

I smell a second, updated release for sure. I hope, at the very least, they give current owners a discount, but I doubt it.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#193 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:57 am

DCGX wrote:I smell a second, updated release for sure. I hope, at the very least, they give current owners a discount, but I doubt it.

They could always just email all the owners( the one who pre-order from them) and provide access to the download of the fixed version. Maybe even provide it to their partners to distribute to people that ordered from them.

qupe75
photon blast

Post#194 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:27 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:
DCGX wrote:I smell a second, updated release for sure. I hope, at the very least, they give current owners a discount, but I doubt it.

They could always just email all the owners( the one who pre-order from them) and provide access to the download of the fixed version. Maybe even provide it to their partners to distribute to people that ordered from them.

I'd say there still needs to be a few tweaks if I'm honest. In 2 player player 2's vehicle now has sound when driving but hit a wall or the car in front, nothing - but I guess at least both cars can win the race now.

In arcade mode for some reason the times to beat in the top right become unachievable, for example on the desert track on mine it says all 3 laps were completed in 1.04 you can do one lap in around 52+ seconds - I'm not sure if this has pulled through an initial lap when I was first faffing around on the game and set that as the race time. I'll try deleting my save again (completed the game twice on an emulator and once on my actual Dreamcast) and see if that fixes it.

I do agree though this should be offered.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#195 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:10 am

If any guys interested we can make here a list with all bugs, glitches found so far and then send it to JP to ask him to fix all this and then release a new version. As what a see so far from ARL is still in beta version.

streeker
fragger

Post#196 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:40 am

I smell the DUX -> DUX 1.5 -> REDUX -> REDUX 1.1 chain...
Thanks, but no thanks.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#197 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:47 am

streeker wrote:I smell the DUX -> DUX 1.5 -> REDUX -> REDUX 1.1 chain...

the chain is already running :lol:

4x4 Jam -> Arcade Racing Legends -> Arcade Racing Legends 1.1 -> ..... to be continued