Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

qupe75
photon blast

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#101 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Just a guess but if there's no sound on the 2nd car and there using homebrew adx format like the stream driver in DCMC.. It cant do more then 1 stream at time.. as the laser cant be in 2 places at once..
Which if he says normal would match up .. normal for that driver to only allow 1 stream at a time..

This dont mean this is a good they should worked around it ..

That would make sense if they are using that format then Ian. I have no idea about the programming side and what they are using. I know games like South Park Rally for example both cars have sound but using a different format/workaround I guess.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#102 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm

qupe75 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Just a guess but if there's no sound on the 2nd car and there using homebrew adx format like the stream driver in DCMC.. It cant do more then 1 stream at time.. as the laser cant be in 2 places at once..
Which if he says normal would match up .. normal for that driver to only allow 1 stream at a time..

This dont mean this is a good they should worked around it ..

That would make sense if they are using that format then Ian. I have no idea about the programming side and what they are using. I know games like South Park Rally for example both cars have sound but using a different format/workaround I guess.

What ian says is not unheard of. Back in the day the developer of slave zero could figure out to even stream the music and they claimed dreamcast couldn't do it! Needless to say they got laughed at. But its probably that, to be honest i remember a few ps1 games that didnt have sound effects for player 2 as well.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#103 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:25 am

Just to be sure I have finish the game.
I finish carreer mode unlock the seventh tracks (eighth for me because there are two ice tracks, the first in carreer is a little different probably just a part of the arcade one).
And finally win the inca race in arcade mode.
I have no congrat screen, but the game seems to be clear, could you confirm me please ?

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#104 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 am

I'm starting to wonder if because I ripped my game to play on my GDEMU, if it has somehow broken the game. People are finishing this game, while I am at least 10 - 15 seconds behind the leader in nearly every race. Just makes no sense.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#105 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:36 am

No problem for me with dreamshell.

qupe75
photon blast

Post#106 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 am

livingonwheels wrote:I'm starting to wonder if because I ripped my game to play on my GDEMU, if it has somehow broken the game. People are finishing this game, while I am at least 10 - 15 seconds behind the leader in nearly every race. Just makes no sense.

I have played the game on my Dreamcast and via a rip for Redream and both I found both easy.

Did you change the controls to the triggers for the brake and accelerate? Don't break often only the really sharp corners, and light braking on the s bends on the beach track.

Does your version also have the issue on the duel mode?

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#107 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Yes, one of the first things I did was put the gas & break on the triggers. I just tried the duel mode and there is no sound for player 2, and Player 1 is always the winner no matter if he came in last. I have the Road Trip Edition, if that makes a difference (probably not). The first few career races were easy, but ramped up quickly. Arcade is nearly impossible. My only chance of winning is to somehow immediately rush into 1st and then block the other cars from passing (quite difficult, but I've done it with the box van). It seems some cars might be faster than others, even though it says their top speed max out at 196.

qupe75
photon blast

Post#108 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:45 pm

livingonwheels wrote:Yes, one of the first things I did was put the gas & break on the triggers. I just tried the duel mode and there is no sound for player 2, and Player 1 is always the winner no matter if he came in last. I have the Road Trip Edition, if that makes a difference (probably not). The first few career races were easy, but ramped up quickly. Arcade is nearly impossible. My only chance of winning is to somehow immediately rush into 1st and then block the other cars from passing (quite difficult, but I've done it with the box van). It seems some cars might be faster than others, even though it says their top speed max out at 196.

Have you seen my youtube video? I played through arcade mode, that recording was my first go on arcade mode. The cars all have the same speeds. The recording is in Redream as I don't have the facility at the moment to play direct from my Dreamcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsirAKMNzqk&t=126s

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#109 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:05 pm

I'm studying your playthrough, and I can tell you so far that your times for beating the race are slower than my game's leader by at least 5 seconds (which in a race is quite a bit). What I'm trying to say is, your beating the leader with a time that my game's leader would beat by at least 5 seconds. I can personally get your total race times in the first 3 races, but it is not good enough to beat the leader (in my version of the game). On my GDEMU it comes as Arcade Legends Limited Edition (LE). I think I'll try playing this on disc, or even VGA to see if there is a difference.

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#110 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 pm

livingonwheels wrote:I'm studying your playthrough, and I can tell you so far that your times for beating the race are slower than my game's leader by at least 5 seconds (which in a race is quite a bit). What I'm trying to say is, your beating the leader with a time that my game's leader would beat by at least 5 seconds. I can personally get your total race times in the first 3 races, but it is not good enough to beat the leader (in my version of the game). On my GDEMU it comes as Arcade Legends Limited Edition (LE). I think I'll try playing this on disc, or even VGA to see if there is a difference.

Limited Edition? Did you go for one of those diecast cars?

Personally speaking, I've found both difficulty and ease with the game. I continually struggled with the first stage, only because I'm so stubborn as to not control my throttle correctly. However, the desert level there I was able to get first place on my second try (vehicle physics are a bit strange and I got bumped into the back at the end of lap 2).

You can also tune your vehicle stats in the garage, even tuning each car individually, if you'd prefer the Crazy Taxi be a tight grip low braking thing, or if you really wanna see the SUVs stop like bricks and wide-radius turn. My biggest frustration has been understanding the drift in tandem with the fast acceleration trick. Seemingly you can go from loose turn to straight with a certain trick, but I'm having a hard time mastering it.

I too am on GDemu. How'd you get your copy into it? I ended up taking the files straight from the disc and using BootDreams.