[DEV] Dreamcast BBA Converter!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: [DEV] Dreamcast BBA Converter!

Post#91 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:07 pm

IMG_20230827_110133662.jpg
IMG_20230827_110123960.jpg

IMG_20230827_110532305.jpg

Here's what I did,
Keep it simple just leave a screw out of the modem for the ribbon cable, remove the metal shield from the cartridge, spray paint the modem red and get some red duct tape to seal it all up,

lexlocatelli
shadow

Post#92 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:27 pm

It looks like the Atomiswave boards are completely gone, last one I see from eBay sold for $100 so it makes this mod cost about the same as an OEM BBA unfortunately. Seems like I was too late to discover the mod!

Is there any chance of someone working on a custom BBA, like what Extrems just announced for the Gamecube? I'm guessing not, but still good to see if its possible!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#93 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:10 pm

lexlocatelli wrote:It looks like the Atomiswave boards are completely gone, last one I see from eBay sold for $100 so it makes this mod cost about the same as an OEM BBA unfortunately. Seems like I was too late to discover the mod!

Is there any chance of someone working on a custom BBA, like what Extrems just announced for the Gamecube? I'm guessing not, but still good to see if its possible!

Yea, people jumped on these things as soon as it became pubic knowledge. I assume theres a few people just hoarding em. At this point if you want a BBA, its better just to spend the money for the official device itself.

Very cool gamecube is getting such a device. Would love to see the DC community get such a thing too, however at this point a DreamPI is the way to get your console online. It is amazing to me that with most users using DreamPis these days, the resell value of the BBA didn't drop.

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#94 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 pm

Nico0020 wrote:
lexlocatelli wrote:It looks like the Atomiswave boards are completely gone, last one I see from eBay sold for $100 so it makes this mod cost about the same as an OEM BBA unfortunately. Seems like I was too late to discover the mod!

Yea, people jumped on these things as soon as it became pubic knowledge. I assume theres a few people just hoarding em. At this point if you want a BBA, its better just to spend the money for the official device itself.

Very cool gamecube is getting such a device. Would love to see the DC community get such a thing too, however at this point a DreamPI is the way to get your console online. It is amazing to me that with most users using DreamPis these days, the resell value of the BBA didn't drop.

Is there a link to the Exrrems GameCube broadband adapter?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#95 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:20 pm

Nico0020 wrote:

Is there a link to the Exrrems GameCube broadband adapter?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#96 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 am

Wow looks like the GC project is using LAN to connect to online similar to tunneling.

https://twitter.com/Extrems/status/1764336624559698328

Not sure something like this is even possible due to lack of DC games supporting LAN that I know of. Any games anybody here know of DC supporting that?