Super Mario 64 for Dreamcast - download links and review!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

gamesreup
killer

Super Mario 64 for Dreamcast - download links and review!

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:27 am

Hi All,

I know some people are finding it hard to find the download links for this, so here they are and I also hope you all enjoy my video!

Have a great Friday all!

Download Link: https://femto.pw/n9ap.dc

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: Super Mario 64 for Dreamcast - download links and review!

Post#2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 am

8Mb ? It Seems a joke that the complete N64 is not ported yet to a high superior console !
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 am

For me the last version is here thanks to @Mastag and @mrneo240 of course ;) :
https://mega.nz/folder/DlNTTCSR#zCEm6bT_bBXQb5fSyzeVaw

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:01 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:8Mb ? It Seems a joke that the complete N64 is not ported yet!

The engine using much more then the size of the rom it's not a joke at all every part of it has to be in memory all the time pretty amazing it's working at all

Engine using about 13 mb rom is using about 6 or more 13+6 = 19mb we have 16mb memory only about 13 after kos and opengl loads..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:8Mb ? It Seems a joke that the complete N64 is not ported yet to a high superior console !

Obviously you know nothing about porting games... The native PC port uses SO much more ram than the DC has! That was the version all other ports were based on! So no broski, it is not a joke, the joke here is I have to keep explaining this to people on YouTube comments that it is like comparing apples and oranges and it is a miracle this was even possible at all. You can NOT look at the specs on paper and call this a joke. You can however try and educate yourself a little bit and understand that it is different architecture, SKD and different API's. If it were that easy, the game would be fully running on the console with no performance issues. As of the last time we spoke, mrneo240 told me that currently with sound enabled the game has only 512kb free memory. That is cutting it pretty damn close if you ask me. :mrgreen:

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#6 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:8Mb ? It Seems a joke that the complete N64 is not ported yet to a high superior console !

Obviously you know nothing about porting games... The native PC port uses SO much more ram than the DC has! That was the version all other ports were based on! So no broski, it is not a joke, the joke here is I have to keep explaining this to people on YouTube comments that it is like comparing apples and oranges and it is a miracle this was even possible at all. You can NOT look at the specs on paper and call this a joke. You can however try and educate yourself a little bit and understand that it is different architecture, SKD and different API's. If it were that easy, the game would be fully running on the console with no performance issues. As of the last time we spoke, mrneo240 told me that currently with sound enabled the game has only 512kb free memory. That is cutting it pretty damn close if you ask me. :mrgreen:

Anthony817, my friend if it sounded offensively I did not mean that in any way, what I meant is that after 21 years is incredible that older consoles were not ported yet (Like Saturn or Ps1), through emulation or ported games, but maybe I am overestimating the Dreamcast, the console was not produced anymore and as I always remember, SEGA totally abandoned the project and its users. Of course is not an easy work to do, and harder if there is no money for the work, so I really appreciate all works that free or homebrew developers or users do, just for this situation, you can see myself here doing files and publishing all kind of homebrew works for Dreamcast because it is alive thanks to us the users, not SEGA, it is all about encoraging and love for this games console.

Greetings from Argentina, love and peace
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Oh no, you didn't offend me. But maybe like you say, you are underestimating the Dreamcast's capabilities? For one thing, as I am sure you know, we need the source code for the games to get ported. Porting games is more feasible from later consoles like N64 or PSX than emulation in most cases. The Dreamcast lacks the power to emulate even SNES 100%, but you can get pretty close with frame skipping.

You might say to yourself, "Well it can do PSX emulation via Bleem", but that was a special case where a programmer with Einstein levels of genius developed an emulator fully in Assembly. Something like this was very unique. N64 emulation will never be a reality with the traditional methods of emulation. Perhaps some hybrid emulation could work, with the right person perhaps?

Saludos de Tejas, amigo, no problemas.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#8 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Greetings from Argentina, love and peace

Welcome! Great to have you

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:04 am

fafadou wrote:https://mega.nz/folder/DlNTTCSR#zCEm6bT_bBXQb5fSyzeVaw

Welp, does this have sound have audio? Is poor Mario's face fixed lol

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:50 am

worst comes to worst , use different music and sound fxs ?