Battle Chess 1988

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Battle Chess 1988

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:18 am

I never knew their was a NES Version of this game , I had it on WINDOWS DOS ,

Is it possible for a SEGA DREAMCAST Self Boot CDI Port ?

https://archive.org/details/battle_chess_1988

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Battle Chess 1988

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:58 am

Battle Chess is a computer game version of chess in which the chess pieces come to life and battle one another when capturing. It was originally developed and released by Interplay Entertainment for the Amiga in 1988 and subsequently on many other systems, including 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Acorn Archimedes, Amiga CD32, Amiga CDTV, Apple IIGS, Apple IIe, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, FM Towns, NES, Mac OS, NEC PC-9801, X68000 and Microsoft Windows. In 1991, Battle Chess Enhanced was released by Interplay for the PC, featuring improved VGA graphics and a symphonic musical score that played from the CD-ROM.

Yes but why would you when you can play the amiga better version but yes i could do it for you.. game is amiga game in the first place

Can play this on uae4all

I could get all ports of it on one thing if you wanted was on almost everything

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 am

I owned the NES version of the game, never knew about the windows version lol :lol:

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Battle Chess is a computer game version of chess in which the chess pieces come to life and battle one another when capturing. It was originally developed and released by Interplay Entertainment for the Amiga in 1988 and subsequently on many other systems, including 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Acorn Archimedes, Amiga CD32, Amiga CDTV, Apple IIGS, Apple IIe, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, FM Towns, NES, Mac OS, NEC PC-9801, X68000 and Microsoft Windows. In 1991, Battle Chess Enhanced was released by Interplay for the PC, featuring improved VGA graphics and a symphonic musical score that played from the CD-ROM.

Yes but why would you when you can play the amiga better version but yes i could do it for you.. game is amiga game in the first place

Can play this on uae4all

I could get all ports of it on one thing if you wanted was on almost everything

Hey nice like I said I only knew the WINDOWS Version , If you think the AMIGA would be a better port to DREAMCAST and can do it , Go for it , I can trust your judgement. for sures.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Xiden wrote:I owned the NES version of the game, never knew about the windows version lol :lol:

that means your me from another universe :lol:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Really depends how you like chess the 8 bit nes and c64 version have very limited move set plays pretty wierd dont really know chess might be fine

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm

Example of using the new custom version of Josh's dcmc media center
amiga5002.png

amiga500.png

I can compile uae4all rc3 as well make custom builds now

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#8 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Seems great that graph setting Ian :)
i'm still searching a way to make run correctly uae4all rc3 on NullDC lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:11 pm

kremiso wrote:Seems great that graph setting Ian :)
i'm still searching a way to make run correctly uae4all rc3 on NullDC lol

it will not as it does not do double buffer right redream new devbuild works it perfect if that helps this be a battle of the ports of games that have working emulators on dreamcast.. not be doing lots of these not even release the update of the media player lol..

type of thing you can do with it include even video of the game high res screen shots etc manuals soundtracks etc

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#10 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:...redream new devbuild works it perfect if that helps...

sadly not, my crappy laptop doesn't match the min redream hw requests lol