Battle Chess 1988

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: Battle Chess 1988

Post#51 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 am

I actually enjoy Turrican 3 in Amiga, really Nice looking game with good controls.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#52 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 am

FlorreW wrote:I actually enjoy Turrican 3 in Amiga, really Nice looking game with good controls.

One of my fav Amiga games :) but from over the 4000+ plus there is and more new there's a lot to pick from some homebrew is as good as the retail games..

Course Demo scene and some of them still look amazing today :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#53 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am

check out for the new Tiny Bobble
a Bubble Bobble (arcade) variant that runs at 50 fps on at least 1MB ram old Amigas :

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1420408#post1420408
Last edited by kremiso on Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#55 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm

When it comes to bubble bobble i really like the NES version best. Play through it with my best friend like at least 4 times / year :D

Question: About this whole Dcmc thing, when compiling / putting together the plain files (?) / Making an CDI image to be used for GDEMU , is there any sizelimit on how big it can be ? I mean if i would like to have my say top 10 movies in the image togheter with some games etc it would be like 5 Gb + i guess. Just curious if someone knows.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#56 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:41 pm

It's 2GB, better for videos not full length movies. You could make a CDI with a movie, add in the posters, soundtrack, playscripts, could be really cool. Add in the cover art in gdemu menu :) I have a few ideas how to break that 2GB limit but that's as high as I've made them so far.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#57 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 pm

deluxux wrote:It's 2GB, better for videos not full length movies. You could make a CDI with a movie, add in the posters, soundtrack, playscripts, could be really cool. Add in the cover art in gdemu menu :) I have a few ideas how to break that 2GB limit but that's as high as I've made them so far.

Thats a really Good ideal ! It would be nice to be able to "softreset" the Dreamcast as well when in the Dcmc to rast get back to the gdemu menu.

How do you add cover art for the image (to be shown in gdemu) if i may ask :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#58 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:11 pm

deluxux wrote:It's 2GB, better for videos not full length movies. You could make a CDI with a movie, add in the posters, soundtrack, playscripts, could be really cool. Add in the cover art in gdemu menu :) I have a few ideas how to break that 2GB limit but that's as high as I've made them so far.

i have a question about this, as a non gdemu user
someone has tried to make a non bootable .iso or .cdi image (i.e. with discjuggler a 4GB .cdi image), only to check if, the iso content can be accessed from the gdemu ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#59 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 pm

yeah you can make the image show in the Gdemu and by adding a 256x256 image named 0GDTEX.PVR https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1463/

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#60 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:37 pm

kremiso wrote:i have a question about this, as a non gdemu user
someone has tried to make a non bootable .iso or .cdi image (i.e. with discjuggler a 4GB .cdi image), only to check if, the iso content can be accessed from the gdemu ?

Yes I have tried, and so have others, you can go to 2GB now.