Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

sonik
Developer

Re: Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Post#221 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:06 pm

If someone could test a ps1 guncon with this adapter. The guncon is a pretty good lightgun.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

HugoCraft
shadow

Post#222 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:02 pm

I followed s_d_a_i instructions back onpost 69 to update the firmware and transfer the program but I can't get typing of the dead to detect the 3 different PS2 keyboards that I have. I double checked the wiring on both but there is probably something I'm missing. Board powers up from the dreamcast 5v with it connected to port A and controller to port C but it doesn't detect it.

s_d_a_i
undertow

Post#223 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:21 am

Hi @HugoCraft, and it is being detected as a controller on the main menu controller screen:

When you disconect the controller port from the DC and reconnect does it appear for a second or so?

HugoCraft
shadow

Post#224 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:33 pm

s_d_a_i wrote:Hi @HugoCraft, and it is being detected as a controller on the main menu controller screen:

When you disconect the controller port from the DC and reconnect does it appear for a second or so?

I read your post earlier today so about 20min ago I went into the system menu and it didn't see the bluepill boards. I was sad and about to post the results then re-read your post about disconnecting them and reconnecting them. So while in the system menu I disconnected them then reconnected them and they SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Went over to typing the dead since I have the GDEMU and both keyboards work!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!! Reason I didn't think to disconnect and reconnect is somewhere I saw it was frowned upon to disconnect/reconnect controllers while the DC is on but oh well. I also removed the 12v regulator from the DC PSU since I have a GDEMU installed.

It was just me going back and forth typing with both keyboards :) but I'm glad that I wired it up and programmed it correctly the first try but didn't think to try unplugging them and plugging them back in with the console already booted.

s_d_a_i
undertow

Post#225 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:17 am

Yes, the problem with the connect/disconnect is something megavolt85 has to address sooner or later.
Let's hope once he finish the Atomiswave ports he can spent some time improving it.

HugoCraft
shadow

Post#226 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:48 am

A PS2 optical mouse that I bought in 2004 worked great with Quake III. I was surprised to see how similar it was to PC since I could easily customize the keys/buttons within the game and even the scroll wheel worked.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#227 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:45 am

Hi Megavolt ,recently i buy the electronic components for this project to work.
Im in the way to assemble an arcade cabinet control with classics sticks and buttons (dont know if you plan to support steering wheels).

My idea is to have an arcade table and play station 2 controllers both with rumble and emuvmu at the same time, selectable via switch (arcade cabinet or ps2 controllers)

Question are:
can i be able to have both scheme controllers interchangeable via switch (arcade and ps2)?
How many controllers can be supported at the same time by one STM32F103C8T6?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#228 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:49 am

Dakangel wrote:can i be able to have both scheme controllers interchangeable via switch (arcade and ps2)?

no, these are two different firmware

Dakangel wrote:How many controllers can be supported at the same time by one STM32F103C8T6?

one controller per STM32

megavolt85
Developer

Post#229 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am

two tests:

1) firmware for mouse only

Code: Select all

DC         STM
1 SDCKA -> PB_8
2 Vcc   -> +5V
3 GND   -> GND
4 Sense -> GND
5 SDCKB -> PB_9

PS/2       STM
1 DATA  -> PA_10
3 GND   -> GND
4 Vcc   -> +5V
5 CLK   -> PA_9
two pullup resistors 10 Kom +5V -> PA_10 and +5V -> PA_9
addtional two buttons:
Right button
GND -> PA_0
Left button
GND -> PA_1

this version was conceived to install an STM32 in a mouse case in order to get additional buttons
additional buttons will only work in hacked games, for the test I hacked Quake 3 arena

Mouse4DC.7z
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

2) firmware with support GameCube controller
pinout same as on first page, for GC used pins

view of the controller socket on the front of the console, looking into the socket
gc-socket.png
gc-socket.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 5856 times

GC         STM
1 Vcc   -> +5V
2 DATA  -> PA_15
3 GND   -> GND
4 GND   -> GND
5 nc
6 Vdd   -> +3.3V

hotkeys:
START+Z+A - Standart controller (default)
START+Z+X - all buttons and axes
START+Z+Y - Twin Stick mode

SMPMK2DC.7z
(19.01 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

P.S. Twin Stick mode tested in Cyber Troopers Virtual-On and it's really greate

HugoCraft
shadow

Post#230 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:39 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
2) firmware with support GameCube controller
pinout same as on first page, for GC used pins

view of the controller socket on the front of the console, looking into the socket
gc-socket.png

GC         STM
1 Vcc   -> +5V
2 DATA  -> PA_15
3 GND   -> GND
4 GND   -> GND
5 nc
6 Vdd   -> +3.3V

hotkeys:
START+Z+A - Standart controller (default)
START+Z+X - all buttons and axes
START+Z+Y - Twin Stick mode

SMPMK2DC.7z

P.S. Twin Stick mode tested in Cyber Troopers Virtual-On and it's really greate

Thanks for the work and another update! I just ordered GameCube extension cables and curious to try out twin stick mode with cyber troopers!

Also curious to try out the GameCube controller in general since I’m hoping the joystick is more precise. Lately been playing Star Wars pod racer and the stock Dreamcast analog stick can be so-so at times