Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RazorX
brutal

Re: Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Post#251 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:14 am

werejag wrote:how long of a dc cable have been tested working on it?

i've tested a short one i've made and a full length controller cable (which can be simply unplugged in the controller) and from what i remember both worked but due to the issues it currently has that are firmware related (timing issues) the shorter one was better but i'd test it again for a while with an unmodded full length cable first and see how you go.
just remember you'll have to boot into the bios and make sure it's showed up before you start using it to save too etc.

joxley192
noob

Post#252 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:34 am

What's the best site to get the PCB made in the UK cause I would like to make a couple of them and could u get them work from controller vmu ports or have it just soldered in to the Dreamcast port for a internal mod

RazorX
brutal

Post#253 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm

joxley192 wrote:What's the best site to get the PCB made in the UK cause I would like to make a couple of them and could u get them work from controller vmu ports or have it just soldered in to the Dreamcast port for a internal mod

i actually recommend JLCPCB, there really cheap and have pretty fast shipping.
it's who i always use.

gilvan666
lithium

Post#254 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:39 pm

RazorX wrote:
gilvan666 wrote:Thank you very much for the files, I just had 5 pcb of each made. as soon as I put together photos and show.

make sure for the memory card emulator pcb you flash the arcade stick firmware on it in order for it to work.
also the connector i used was JST-5-PTH.

where did you buy it? I didn't find it on aliexpress
Dreamcast NTSC, MOD BIOS, MOD VGA, MOD IDE.

RazorX
brutal

Post#255 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:10 am

gilvan666 wrote:
RazorX wrote:
gilvan666 wrote:Thank you very much for the files, I just had 5 pcb of each made. as soon as I put together photos and show.

make sure for the memory card emulator pcb you flash the arcade stick firmware on it in order for it to work.
also the connector i used was JST-5-PTH.

where did you buy it? I didn't find it on aliexpress

just search google for a place to buy them, i never use aliexpress for anything.
i buy my stuff from either ebay, amazon or a site such as Farnell etc.

joxley192
noob

Post#256 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:22 am

Would Ur PCB work with the black pill cause I have got one of them laying round somewhere

RazorX
brutal

Post#257 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:10 am

joxley192 wrote:Would Ur PCB work with the black pill cause I have got one of them laying round somewhere

if the pinouts are identical and megavolt85's firmware is compatible then it should but that's something you'd have to ask megavolt85

megavolt85
Developer

Post#258 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:30 am

joxley192 wrote:Would Ur PCB work with the black pill cause I have got one of them laying round somewhere

no, they are not compatible either by pinout or by firmware

joxley192
noob

Post#259 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:15 am

Alright guess I will have to get a blue pill one then

RazorX
brutal

Post#260 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:05 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

no, they are not compatible either by pinout or by firmware

when we gonna see a firmware update to fix the timing :lol: wink wink nudge nudge
kidding aside i know how busy you are but i'd love to see it sorted so it's done and dusted :)