Dreamneo!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Lan-Di
Anarki

Dreamneo!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:18 pm

im looking for dreamneo without games for my project... can anyone help?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamneo!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:19 pm

Lan-Di wrote:im looking for dreamneo without games for my project... can anyone help?

I will send you 2 new builds in pm later

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:24 pm

ok thanks

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:11 am

Lan-Di wrote:im looking for dreamneo without games for my project... can anyone help?

Ok here is Dreamneo[v1.7se] Sh4 asm fame core Pvr dma fast sh4 asm memset Direct SDL dma
Lot more work but here is the dev releases nothing is final migh ast well post it here. Wanted to see
More polish then try Ironclad release i did runs pretty much perfect on hardware

Builds run games not the same these are just broad emulators not optimized for any game
I have builds for metal slug 1 and 2 dont use these for them.. They will be slow or super fast and jerky

Have a game you want to do let me know and I will Optimize it for that game other then that try it on
Demul nulldc emulators dont waste a cdr

No frameskip Plainfiles This runs with no frameskip or tricks games range between 60fps and 50 fps
Dreamneo[NOframeskip].rar
(522.72 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

Auto frameskip Plain files [really not use this ] Experimental it can skip up to 6 frames or 0 but is not very good right now..
Dreamneo[Auto].rar
(522.71 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

Both these can read a memory card from the card folder and use neoraine memory cards so unlocked all saves etc And save to the vmu

I like to say these are fresh right out of my dev folder and are untested other then Demul Version 2.0 will be much better but not ready yet
Might be a few months or more away

this uses know how from dreamHAL sh4 math from dreamHAL by moop all credit there teaching me how to optimize for the sh4 chip

Topic for ironclad which runs 60fps on hardware no frameskip viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12957&p=130273&hilit=ironclad#p130273

which is the best version right now this emulator needs optimizing for each game when i do this i can get each game much better :)

You can try both these on nulldc demul and redream to make a cdi with cdda

Last edited by Ian Micheal on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:33 am

These both use the sh4 famecore i built from the dev zip not all games work it has only been few weeks that i have switched to the sh4 asm fame core ..

Right now video rendering is super fast main emulations is fast Sound drags it down about 15% pull left trigger every game is fullspeed with CDDA

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 am

Here is the fastest build smoothest runs alphamission 2 almost 60fps all the time
This has high Optimizing from the compiler -03
Plainfiles
HIGHFLAGDreamneo[Noframeskip].rar
(515.54 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Test this if you would like about 2 weeks ahead of the others Using fastmemset and SDL only for sound

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 am

here is the C core version very fast lot more games work
Dreamneo[Noframeskip][C CORE].rar
(507.09 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

Bet you did not expect all this but you caught me right when i was working on it lol

This completely untested C core for this might have problems

Nothing much i can do right in the middle of code refractor

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#8 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:here is the C core version very fast lot more games work
Dreamneo[Noframeskip][C CORE].rar

Bet you did not expect all this but you caught me right when i was working on it lol

This completely untested C core for this might have problems

Nothing much i can do right in the middle of code refractor

Thanks i will try to add one to the project.. the project used to have neo4all but it would not boot a real neogeo cd..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Been a long time since i had a real neogeo cd to test it but it should still boot a real neogeo cd. it did in 2004 still using disk check at the swapscreen

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#10 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Well, I tried KOF 95, Fatal Fury 2 and Puzzle Bobble..
The KOF and fatfury games did not boot and puzzle bobble rebooted the Dreamcast.. it would not read my real NEO Geo cds