SEGA 8-bit Memorial

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Lan-Di
Anarki

SEGA 8-bit Memorial

Post#1 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm

This is a compilation of older sega games, like the sg1000
SEGA master system and game gear with some other stuff
Lol

https://mega.nz/file/FYsAzA7a#ZsqYxk4mL ... bM7pL0t8j0

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: SEGA 8-bit Memorial

Post#2 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Thats cool be nice to add some of the new mastersystem games that came out

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Thats cool be nice to add some of the new mastersystem games that came out

Yeah that would be cool but when I made this those games didn’t exist yet or was in development.. I don’t know which but this comp is several years old..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 am

Oh ok cool still good to show people all the work for the past..

Gallospacca
noob

Post#5 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi, I don't know if it is appropriate to resurrect a 2 year old discussion, if not I apologize, anyway thank you because thanks to this page I found this Sega 8 bit memorial, I'm not 100% sure but i believe this to be the only place where you can still download this cdi.

In addition to the excellent emulators for Sega SG-1000, Game gear and Master system which are emulated to perfection (apart from the fact that there is a bilinear filter activated which makes the image blurry, after deactivating it from settings menu the pixels are beautiful again. visible and clear as they should be), I noticed that inside the ingame menus there is also an emulator for Gameboy and Gameboy color, trying to open them the roms seem to be missing, so I opened the file (from the pc) with poweriso to try to insert the roms, but inside there are already two folders renamed '' color '' and '' mono '' with lots of Gameboy and Gameboy color roms, so I don't understand why they don't work, maybe the emulator has been disabled in some way? or maybe some emulation files are missing? even if it would be strange since whoever created this CD and inserted the roms for the two Gameboys, what reason did he have to disable this emulator?

Looking at the files via poweriso I noticed that there is a difference between the working roms of SG-1000, Game gear and Master system and those of the 2 Gameboy, while the working ones are roms with extensions .sg, .gg and .sms those of the Gameboys are inside zip files ... maybe that's why the Dreamcast can't see them? I could give it a try by extracting the zip files and inserting them back into the file but I preferred to write here first, maybe someone knows something, also because I have few CDs and I wouldn't want to waste one.

So if anyone else has noticed this and knows how it works let me know (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Lan-Di
Anarki

Post#6 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Gallospacca wrote:Hi, I don't know if it is appropriate to resurrect a 2 year old discussion, if not I apologize, anyway thank you because thanks to this page I found this Sega 8 bit memorial, I'm not 100% sure but i believe this to be the only place where you can still download this cdi.

In addition to the excellent emulators for Sega SG-1000, Game gear and Master system which are emulated to perfection (apart from the fact that there is a bilinear filter activated which makes the image blurry, after deactivating it from settings menu the pixels are beautiful again. visible and clear as they should be), I noticed that inside the ingame menus there is also an emulator for Gameboy and Gameboy color, trying to open them the roms seem to be missing, so I opened the file (from the pc) with poweriso to try to insert the roms, but inside there are already two folders renamed '' color '' and '' mono '' with lots of Gameboy and Gameboy color roms, so I don't understand why they don't work, maybe the emulator has been disabled in some way? or maybe some emulation files are missing? even if it would be strange since whoever created this CD and inserted the roms for the two Gameboys, what reason did he have to disable this emulator?

Looking at the files via poweriso I noticed that there is a difference between the working roms of SG-1000, Game gear and Master system and those of the 2 Gameboy, while the working ones are roms with extensions .sg, .gg and .sms those of the Gameboys are inside zip files ... maybe that's why the Dreamcast can't see them? I could give it a try by extracting the zip files and inserting them back into the file but I preferred to write here first, maybe someone knows something, also because I have few CDs and I wouldn't want to waste one.

So if anyone else has noticed this and knows how it works let me know (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

I didn’t disable the emulator.. it should be working. I don’t know what set up you have.. this disc image is made by me and works fine on my Dreamcast. I’ll will try downloading it and burning it to see if it works.. it’s been years since I tested this.

Edit: I just tested it on my end from CD-R and it works fine..