New GDEMU on the way!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#11 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Yeah but there hard to burn i think I have only be able to get gt2 working one time about 6 years ago wasted about 10 cdrs gave up on last month crazy thing first time i burned it all those years ago i had no problem .. not the same burner

johnph2001
shadow

Post#12 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah but there hard to burn i think I have only be able to get gt2 working one time about 6 years ago wasted about 10 cdrs gave up on last month crazy thing first time i burned it all those years ago i had no problem .. not the same burner
Which is hard to burn? The boot disk or the actual games?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:51 pm

The 2009 versions are the easiest to burn. The 2011 versions which allowed you to load other games from the 3 retail discs was notoriously hard to burn. In 2011 when I was doing this I also wasted over 20 discs trying to discover the absolute best way to burn them. They burn best in DiscJuggler, and with settings completely different to normal DC games.

You can find the 3 retail games here in the Bleem downloads section. I asked Impulse to sticky the most important threads for us in that section so now they are easy to find. They are a complete collection, and include the PSX games as well as the boot discs.

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

The individual pages for each retail come from the 2009 release. The ones that boot other games with disc check skipped are in this thread and do require wildly different settings to burn. The absolutely will not burn correctly in anything else other than Discjuggler. The 2009 versions should burn fine as normal.

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 30&t=11537

If you try to burn that one it is in the bleem_cd_check_fix.7z file. I included the settings in the comments below that I had to use for them. Tekken 3 was one of the hardest to get working.

manilafungus
noob

Post#14 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:38 am

deluxux wrote:Each of the 3 Retail games has a specific bootdisc that will run from CD-R. Very good copy protection it knows if its on a CD or not! Might be cracked very soon, we will see. https://mobile.twitter.com/jc_dcdev/sta ... 649921?p=v

How can I get authorisation to see this thread?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:21 pm

You have to get your post count up. I am not sure if it is 5 posts but I think it is between 5-10.

asiergcfg
shadow

Post#16 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 pm

I might as well begin by posting here to get my count up!