New GDEMU on the way!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

johnph2001
shadow
Posts: 10

New GDEMU on the way!

Post#1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:37 pm

So I recently ordered a GDEMU and it is on the way (woohoo). Wondering if special discs will work on it. The emulation discs like SNES Neo Geo, NES, and SMS. Also the specialty VMU discs. But most importantly wondering if bleemcast games will work from the gdemu. I've never tried MGS or Tekken but I'd like to if possible!

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 321
Contact:

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:53 am

johnph2001 wrote:So I recently ordered a GDEMU and it is on the way (woohoo). Wondering if special discs will work on it. The emulation discs like SNES Neo Geo, NES, and SMS. Also the specialty VMU discs. But most importantly wondering if bleemcast games will work from the gdemu. I've never tried MGS or Tekken but I'd like to if possible!


I just got my self a GDemu last month and I've loaded it a few Neo Geo CD games (via Neo4All), old arcades (Mame4All) and Master System + Game Gear roms (SMSplus). Simply downloaded the CDIs for each and worked.

Also tried a couple Bleemcast isos which worked, but I don't know if all of them do. Strider II for instance, I like the game, but it shows some graphical glitches and I don't know if the emulation or the GDemu are to blame.

johnph2001
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:52 am

hombreimaginario wrote:
johnph2001 wrote:So I recently ordered a GDEMU and it is on the way (woohoo). Wondering if special discs will work on it. The emulation discs like SNES Neo Geo, NES, and SMS. Also the specialty VMU discs. But most importantly wondering if bleemcast games will work from the gdemu. I've never tried MGS or Tekken but I'd like to if possible!


I just got my self a GDemu last month and I've loaded it a few Neo Geo CD games (via Neo4All), old arcades (Mame4All) and Master System + Game Gear roms (SMSplus). Simply downloaded the CDIs for each and worked.

Also tried a couple Bleemcast isos which worked, but I don't know if all of them do. Strider II for instance, I like the game, but it shows some graphical glitches and I don't know if the emulation or the GDemu are to blame.


Is one of the games you got working Metal Gear Solid?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User avatar
deluxux
Vagabond
Posts: 751

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#4 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:34 pm

The 3 retail Bleem games are not working. Gran Turismo 2 , Metal Gear Solid and Tekken 3.
We have a leaked bleemcast beta that was leaked in 2004 but cracked in 2009. The 3 retail boot discs will not run on the Gdemu. You can make a "selfboot" psx game with the beta that works on CD-R and Gdemu.

What we have for the Gdemu is software called BleemShell. this is based on DreamShell and lets you load in PSX games from a list with improved controls, adding L2,R2 and Select. Read more about it here, and download some modded games. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12026

johnph2001
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#5 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:38 pm

deluxux wrote:The 3 retail Bleem games are not working. Gran Turismo 2 , Metal Gear Solid and Tekken 3.
We have a leaked bleemcast beta that was leaked in 2004 but cracked in 2009. The 3 retail boot discs will not run on the Gdemu. You can make a "selfboot" psx game with the beta that works on CD-R and Gdemu.

What we have for the Gdemu is software called BleemShell. this is based on DreamShell and lets you load in PSX games from a list with improved controls, adding L2,R2 and Select. Read more about it here, and download some modded games. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12026
For the 3 retail bleem games I can play them on my Dreamcast if I burn the bleem disc and have the 3 games for PSX to switch out?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User avatar
deluxux
Vagabond
Posts: 751

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#6 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Each of the 3 Retail games has a specific bootdisc that will run from CD-R. Very good copy protection it knows if its on a CD or not! Might be cracked very soon, we will see. https://mobile.twitter.com/jc_dcdev/sta ... 649921?p=v

johnph2001
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#7 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:45 pm

deluxux wrote:Each of the 3 Retail games has a specific bootdisc that will run from CD-R. Very good copy protection it knows if its on a CD or not! Might be cracked very soon, we will see.
So investing in the actual bleem discs might not be a bad idea? I have GT, MGS, and Tekken 3 in my PSX collection. They don't look too expensive on eBay.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User avatar
deluxux
Vagabond
Posts: 751

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#8 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:51 pm

You can burn the 3 retail boot discs to CD-R. You can burn the PSX games. You just cannot play them from GDemu yet. Keep checking on https://mobile.twitter.com/jc_dcdev/ we are only a few weeks away!

johnph2001
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#9 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:52 pm

deluxux wrote:You can burn the 3 retail boot discs to CD-R. You can burn the PSX games. You just cannot play them from GDemu yet. Keep checking on https://mobile.twitter.com/jc_dcdev/ we are only a few weeks away!
Nice! Thanks for the info. Dreamcast forever!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Anthony817
Shark Patrol
Posts: 3097

Re: New GDEMU on the way!

Post#10 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:56 pm

The 3 retail Bleems were the ones originally cracked in 2009, and again in 2011 to skip disc check. As far as I know the Beta bleem was working very early on when it was leaked back in the day. The 3 retails are not compatible with GDEMU, even after it was originally cracked. All protections are currently being removed and soon like in the next 2 weeks hopefully we will have a version that works on GDEMU and other devices. The link deluxux posted above is the guy Japanese_Cake who is working on cracking them, so hopefully soon we have something.

If you want to you can invest in the retail discs, but, the cracked versions from 2009 will run from CDR and legit retail and backup versions of the emulator both work with backup copies of the PSX games.
Image

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users