Homebrew menu tutorial

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Homebrew menu tutorial

Post#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:38 pm

good evening,

I am looking for a way to make custom menus to make homebrew compilations with this interface which I find nice.

We can find it in a compilation of Jeffma (Multimedia Pack Version 3), 4 compilations of Lan-Di (Puzzle Collection, RPG / Adventure, Shoot Them All and Beat Down Collection) and another from an irc chat on efnet # Console-Nordic according to the startup logo.
I attach the images from this menu.

Any help (with tutorial ?) would be welcome :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Homebrew menu tutorial

Post#3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 pm

ShindouGo, can i ask for you to wait on creating a compilation with dc applications homebrew and retail.
I am still working on dreamapp cdi.
But, you can do what you want.

If that is sbi builder then jeffma made custom images because i don't remember sbi builder looking like og xbox menu.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

SMiTH wrote:ShindouGo, can i ask for you to wait on creating a compilation with dc applications homebrew and retail.
I am still working on dreamapp cdi.
But, you can do what you want.

If that is sbi builder then jeffma made custom images because i don't remember sbi builder looking like og xbox menu.

Just sbi builder you can make any custom grafix you want

https://sizious.com/download/dreamcast/#sbi-builder

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm

maybe you can help ShindouGo, Ian? i need dc-x, dc-ie both cracked.
if you can extract data from belokk isos, i only got 1 extracted... need dc-x, & dc-ie
i do have other rips of these apps but you cant edit lba.

ShindouGo, of course you can do whatever you want with a multidisk. i just didn't want to release a cdi with the same stuff you might be making is all..

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#6 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Thank you for all the info ;)

By cons I thought that sbi builder only allowed to add .sbi?
All these compilation launch only .bin

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:46 pm

Man, what I REALLY want was a menu that allowed us to use the nice menu from the Dream On Demo disc with out GDEMU. I know it may never happen without the source to it to be able to hook into the GDEMU menu API, but how amazing would it be to have that nice menu to go through games? It would be even more awesome than the 2D menu we have now.

Sorry for shit quality, but imagine utilizing this menu to load up all of our games from GDEMU? It even gives a nice description when you click on a game.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I looked a little at the files and there is a menu folder containing the images as well as files in xml language which allow to give the info on all the homebrews listed

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#9 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I thought about Anthony817 but I think it only takes commercial games right?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:49 pm

ShindouGo wrote:I looked a little at the files and there is a menu folder containing the images as well as files in xml language which allow to give the info on all the homebrews listed

more than likely jeffma modded dreamkey or dreampassport or planetweb to load unscrambled bins at 11702 lba
you could just mod those xml files to load your custom images and then mod what unscrambled 11702 lba hacked bins to load etc
you could do quite a bit with browsers custom lcd ticker screens, rumble support, play sfd, play audio, load bins etc
imagine custom display videos, music, lcd ticker, boxart etc when you select a file :)
Last edited by SMiTH on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.