Homebrew menu tutorial

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Homebrew menu tutorial

Post#91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:09 am

This is great i could also make dreambor quit and reload this menu then it feel very complete i just have to get back to that it's annoying code at best very confusing.. thou if you quit in dreambor it should reboot and load your menu.. so it might not be worth doing thatwould save like 5 to 10 sec i guess..

Really have to get a release out like walking thru glass reading that code..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#92 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#93 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Thats awesome my freind i downloaded and watched the video :) music and selection really suits it

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#94 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:40 pm

I just tried to create compilations of recent homebrew games but I did not succeed, despite that I made the modifications.
I tested for example Armed 7, Bang 2 Busters (Joshprod version), 4x4 Jam, Alice Mom Rescue. They all had 2 CD00s and I changed the hexadecimal values ​​8 before on the left and it didn't work. None had the hexadecimal chains CD E4 43 6A or 10 32 0D 8B or 5E B0 00 00. Some were scrambled so I had them unscrambled before (I tried with and without for that matter) but nothing to do, impossible to make them work :(

However, I did follow what you wrote SMiTH, but impossible to launch. I had the right to restart the game, a black screen and even a white screen.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#95 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k-do
Doom

Post#96 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:57 am

Guys did you tried PH3NOM's dreamcast media center? Its a powerfull multimedia player that allow to play, video, images, mp3 and bin files, i have made some test with emulators and it works, but it need some updates to get a batter visual and interface, the project is discontinued but its open source.
I think with some coder works and visual work it could become a great menu for loucher homebrew games and aplications or some thing more similar to a emulation station for dreamcast.
I can help with visual interface or art. ;)

Take a look...

https://sites.google.com/site/dreamcastmediacenter/

https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=102594

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#97 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:30 am

k-do wrote:Guys did you tried PH3NOM's dreamcast media center? Its a powerfull multimedia player that allow to play, video, images, mp3 and bin files, i have made some test with emulators and it works, but it need some updates to get a batter visual and interface, the project is discontinued but its open source.
I think with some coder works and visual work it could become a great menu for loucher homebrew games and aplications or some thing more similar to a emulation station for dreamcast.
I can help with visual interface or art. ;)

Take a look...

https://sites.google.com/site/dreamcastmediacenter/

https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=102594

Yes i have been giving this a go a few weeks ago when i get it to compile i can working on the matrix math i can see i can optimize and opengl part for a bit more speed.. I have a lot of projects.. me and deluxx played it with a few weeks ago i get it booting wince 4x4evo it will boot retail wince games :) i was thinking of modding this for a menu system like your talking about.. Once thing i dont like is the fonts there not right show black boxes around them on the art.. this is a simple coding fix ... I have yet to fully try to compile it.. just a bit busy right now..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#98 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm