Terraonion MODE Dreamcast & Saturn FPGA ODE

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mstar
Doom

Re: Terraonion MODE Dreamcast & Saturn FPGA ODE

Post#41 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:25 am

Ok, so how does everyone like their MODE until now?

I'm looking to get an ODE for my Dreamcast VA0 - which kinda rules out GDEMU, legit or clone.

USBGDROM is in the same price region and seemingly semi-discontinued regarding firmware development and, judging by posts 'round here, also not 100% compatible sometimes.

So, how's the MODE holding up? How's the firmware coming along (has it been updated so far and which features?)?

modgeezer
noob

Post#42 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:30 am

I like my modes a lot. I purchased one for my DC and one for my model 2 Saturn. It's very easy to setup and the gui is very nice. The main reason I went with the mode for Saturn was availability and model 2 compatibility and for DC is was the ability to have all of my games on a 1tb HD which was only 40 bucks. I have an extender for the micro SD and have a slot on top so I can add games without opening up the system. I may even buy another one when PSX compatibility is finalized.

LogicalEgo
noob

Post#43 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:25 pm

I love my MODE, I replaced my GDEMU clone with it and ended up ordering another for my Saturn. I haven't had a single game not work yet that I have tested and it has a lot of nice options under the hood and the various supported storage is amazing.

Features missing that have been requested are the ability to copy folders from the SD to Sata and adding custom artwork for covers for games/crc not listed in the database. I think once those get sorted it wont even be a contest with other ODE.