Are these openbor games converted to Dreamcast?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dakangel
letterbomb

Are these openbor games converted to Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:25 am

:) Hello dreamers i don't know if this is true or false but i can't find any información about a Dreamcast convertion specifically for:

1- Jennifer by masterderico
2- Ghost and demons
3- tmnt rescue palooza

In this contingency i was trying to port those games to the Dreamcast new bor engine but i'm having some issues with ram , i already reduce the audio and music files and don't know what more to do to reduce the memory usage.

I can't go bellow 25 Mb of ram in any Game without more deeper solutions as changing the game code and i'm afraid to broke the gameplay.

Rescue palooza for example i change every other playable character beside the 4 turtles from be" load "to be" know" and are now disabled to be choosen , those reduce drastically the ram usage but demerite the rescue palooza purpose.

If anyone has some info specially for the most updated Ghost and demons Game (1.8.6a) which is paid only and the last free version (1.8.0) lacks many features i Will be very gratefull.

I can share the mods i got so far if any want to help.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon May 18, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Are these openbor games converted to Dreamcast?

Post#3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:01 pm

No openbor for dreamcast releases ram Been trying to fix it for 8 months

Ripfire
stalker

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Ripfire wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:No openbor for dreamcast releases ram Been trying to fix it for 8 months

I'm not talking about the DreamCast version but the Ms Windows version. Sorry for not clarifying that point.

Yeah if you check windows version load a level then load another still dont release the last level ether.. I can show screen shot of it .. It says it does but it dont..

I talk to them about it get no reply

Because windows has so much memory you dont notice the problem

I get the demo screen shot of it doing the same on windows as dreamcast..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Ripfire wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: Yeah if you check windows version load a level then load another still dont release the last level ether.. I can show screen shot of it .. It says it does but it dont..

I talk to them about it get no reply

Because windows has so much memory you dont notice the problem

I get the demo screen shot of it doing the same on windows as dreamcast..

What version of OpenBOR are you using? Because I use OpenBOR v2.2068, v3.0.2615, v3.0.4111, v3.0.4432 and v3.0.6330 if they free memory.

Asking for support and / or help in chronocrash is void, The DemonCastle clown is only dedicated to scolding and expelling a member if not a faithful follower of his rules.

He is an inept programmer who took over a game engine that has not participated since its inception, which is why the best OpenBOR programmers left and they are as bad as he is.

They dont even want me to work on openbor told me not to when they gave up on it.. said it has memory leak it's not the case it just dont release ram.. problem with how it releases it engine locks it so even when it says released all ok it dont..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 pm

I might need your help on it going to start using gcc9 compiler with this been the hold up for the tool chain.. I ported there new code over made it worst.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:50 am