New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Post#81 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:54 am

No, I am still busy with other projects, at the moment you can start a translation with this restriction, it is enough to use @n to translate the carriage to the next line

JoycieC
noob

Post#82 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:05 am

Hey there!

I just came across this thread and wondered if there was any further progress?

Some years back I started translating the game text for fun but never went too far due to lack of tools to import it into the game, I recently felt like getting back into it and started up a spreadsheet to keep track of my progress when I discovered this thread, if there's already an ongoing spreadsheet or some other collaborative effort to track all the translations then I'd love to contribute if possible.

If translation isn't required (there is a translated video playthrough out there that could be used) is it simply a matter of condensing the text to fit the text box?

Thanks!

madsheep
rebel

Post#83 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:13 pm

JoycieC wrote:Hey there!

I just came across this thread and wondered if there was any further progress?

Some years back I started translating the game text for fun but never went too far due to lack of tools to import it into the game, I recently felt like getting back into it and started up a spreadsheet to keep track of my progress when I discovered this thread, if there's already an ongoing spreadsheet or some other collaborative effort to track all the translations then I'd love to contribute if possible.

If translation isn't required (there is a translated video playthrough out there that could be used) is it simply a matter of condensing the text to fit the text box?

Thanks!

Its not that simple this is one thing

1) We need main bin file to be fully translated (megavolt85 fixed the font problem also translated some important text)
2) .mes dialog files need to be translated (This is easy from technical perspective)
3) .sfd movie files need to be re-encoded with subs (This is easy from technical perspective)
4) Need to extract, edit and compress all the resources from .mrg (archive) files (images logos and UI elements) (We have a primitive extraction tool only)

Mistyhands
noob

Post#84 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:20 am

i've been working on this for a little bit, if anyone wants to join translation project please dm me on twitter (@Mistyhands)

DeanBMT
shadow

Post#85 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:06 am

I hope this doesn't die like the rest of the attempts.
We all need this game so bad.
first found out about this game around 15 years ago and actually got a copy off ebay just to see what it was like.
I would love to help out but know nothing on how to even start.

The_bystander
noob

Post#86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:58 pm

I've been excited about this potential English translation for over a decade LOL. Hoping it still might happen one day.

Pokeytax
noob

Post#87 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:58 pm

I am trying to keep this project very low profile until it is done, but people here should know I am have been working on this game for the last 1-2 months and am pleased with the progress. I worked on the existing translation project and have done the 7th Dragon fan translations, among others.

The things discussed in this thread to date (e.g. text compression & display, adequate character limits, decompression/compression) are done and I expect to release a patch when it is complete, which will not be for a while. This is the only progress update I will be giving, but know that it's being worked on.

Moobiscut11
noob

Post#88 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Godspeed gamer! Everyone that's in the works on this project are absolute Chads. Not only restoring a beautiful piece in history but also doing what no one could in practically 22 years which is insane! All we can say as a community with all gratitude is thank you for even the efforts! :D

Pokeytax
noob

Post#89 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:45 am

Just reaffirming that I have been working for the last three months and making solid progress. I am confident of completing the project. No news is good news.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#90 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:08 am

Pokeytax wrote:Just reaffirming that I have been working for the last three months and making solid progress. I am confident of completing the project. No news is good news.

Give us a hostage video or screenshot lol

Just messing with you but it will make me smile.