New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Retro-45
letterbomb

Re: New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Post#11 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Could I just find a cdi version and just use a translate app to play it? or would it give some insetting results.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:05 pm

I mean you could use your phone maybe, bu not sure how accurate it would be. I think somebody over at the Dreamcast Junkyard did that before.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#13 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:31 am

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:03 am

This one and Rent-A-Hero No. 1 have escaped a Dreamcast English translation.

At least a consillation Xbox version of Rent-A-Hero No. 1 with an English translation exists.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:34 am

Yeah would be great if that game could be translated as well using the Xbox port as a guide. From what I understand there were some file format differences or something making that one not as easy as a file swap mod.

Another game I DEARLY want to see get a translation is the awesome WW2 tank sim game Panzer Front. A PSX version exists in English, and a fan made Russian translation on Dreamcast exists so it is definitely possible to translate it. It would be a great game to have in English so way more people could enjoy it.

shelcoof
rebel

Post#16 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:39 am

One game that I've been forever dying to play on my Dreamcast!

shenhulahula
undertow

Post#17 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:40 am

I just wish smart TVs had instant translation apps just like phones. Would make things so much easier

stry8993
lithium

Post#18 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Whoa, that Panzer Front looks awesome! I'd love that in English too, wow!!!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Yeah, Panzer Front is basically like the precursor to War Thunder or World of Tanks. I hope somebody like Rolly looks into translating this one. He is a member here and he has been releasing translations for a few years now. His latest one is going to be Blue Submarine No.6 which is going to be released next month.

So he seems like the best person to approach about translating this game.

the1ross
undertow

Post#20 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:45 am

Hi guys,

I'm the one who started this translation and I haven't given up on it, it was just put on the back burner when other things in life got in the way.

You see, I started this while schools were closed for a few weeks in Japan meaning I was off work and had a lot of free time to give. When I went back to work, I just found it a little difficult to fulfill the time commitment. Also, the response from the community at the time was fairly lackluster and not many seemed interested, nor did my video get many views. That shouldn't have made a difference but it did take some of the wind out of my sails. I actually gott very close to finishing Chapter 2 (perhaps a day more work left) but just never got round to wrapping it up.

I had two backers on Patreon, but after slowing down on the project, I decided it wasn't fair to take anything from them and gave them a full refund.

At Christmas, I should have a week or so free to work on it and finish up chapter 2, but I won't be taking donations from Patreon.

Thanks for your kind words, it really does make me want to get back to this.