(DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ZTylerDurden
lithium

Re: (DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Post#21 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Amazing. Is there blood in this version?

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: (DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Post#22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 pm

Ah...so I'm assuming this runs more smoothly than on Neo4All? I have the RDC version and it suffers a great deal of slowdown.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 pm

It does but they all do including on real hardware on real neogeo cd at time's it's unplay-able on later levels it runs better on some levels then does on neogeo cd but thats not saying much..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 pm

There's nothing you can do to fix this game it's bugged with slow down massive slow down on the neogeo cd. Over clocking only helps so much more you overclock it the more it gets jerky and glitches

If you remove the slow down with overclocking it makes the rest of the game very jerky looking like frameskip 6..

I removed a lot of the slow down but it's not an emulation problem on ether emulator.. There showing exactly how badly optimized this game was.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#25 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:53 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:There's nothing you can do to fix this game it's bugged with slow down massive slow down on the neogeo cd. Over clocking only helps so much more you overclock it the more it gets jerky and glitches

If you remove the slow down with overclocking it makes the rest of the game very jerky looking like frameskip 6..

I removed a lot of the slow down but it's not an emulation problem on ether emulator.. There showing exactly how badly optimized this game was.

Right. I read that even the original MVS version was badly optimised, hence the release of Metal Slug X. I'll download this and compare it to the Neo4All version :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:03 pm

parts run better parts run worst depends on what part of the level .. both emulators share the same base pc source code it's just mine came first.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#27 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 am

Ian Micheal wrote:parts run better parts run worst depends on what part of the level .. both emulators share the same base pc source code it's just mine came first.

I definitely notice an improvement over the Neo4All version, even when it comes to the SFX. Nice work, mate :)
I'm curious though, is there a way to change the game region?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:56 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:parts run better parts run worst depends on what part of the level .. both emulators share the same base pc source code it's just mine came first.

I definitely notice an improvement over the Neo4All version, even when it comes to the SFX. Nice work, mate :)

yes just hold the start button in when you press start it go to a region changer at the title boot screen when it says press start press it and hold it the next region change txt menu will show allowing you to change to the regions

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#29 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:04 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:

yes just hold the start button in when you press start it go to a region changer at the title boot screen when it says press start press it and hold it the next region change txt menu will show allowing you to change to the regions

Awesome! Thank you so much :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:10 am

Just to be clear this not when the game has loaded but at my title swap screen..