GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RazorX
brutal

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#71 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Bill Lumbergh wrote:Thank you for developing this! I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I get my GDEMU.

Is there a way to disable the "disc info" and/or the PVR section? I just want to make a very basic, clean looking menu with no cover art or additional info about the game being displayed.

Thanks again RazorX!

You could achieve this with my app by creating a custom theme and changing the positions of them with the app so there off screen.

RazorX
brutal

Post#72 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:19 pm

John wrote:
Bill Lumbergh wrote:Thank you for developing this! I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I get my GDEMU.

Is there a way to disable the "disc info" and/or the PVR section? I just want to make a very basic, clean looking menu with no cover art or additional info about the game being displayed.

Thanks again RazorX!

Yeah, I agree this would be very useful. I was unable to create cover art for a particular few games as they keep crashing after re-built. I'd rather turn off cover art for all than having a few blank ones.

I created easy to use tools to replace the pvrs for the entire tosec dump collection and included a pvr for every game in the three regions. (PAL, NTSC, JAP)
There available on this forum, just make sure to run the script updater to use the latest versions of my scripts.
just bare in mind there gdi only, no cdi support.
Last edited by RazorX on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RazorX
brutal

Post#73 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:20 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
RazorX wrote:updated to 1.5, more language options have been added.

part 3

VMU LCD ICON
offset 6B11C
size 1536 bytes
48x32 1 bpp
symbol # (23 hex) blank pixel
symbol . (2E hex) black pixel

vmu_icon.png

hide 0GDTEX
offset 4A60 replace 1CD10B41 to 09000900
offset 55AE replace 8828 to 1800

hide image info
offset 48D0 replace 06E679D8 to C6A00900

non standart size for textures

font_8x16
offset 6B0CD replace 72 to 63
put font_8x16.png 1024x16 to root of your CD image

texture
offset 6B0BD replace 72 to 63
put texture.png 1024x512 to root of your CD image

Thanks megavolt85

Bill Lumbergh
shadow

Post#74 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:57 am

RazorX wrote:

Thanks again RazorX!

You could achieve this with my app by creating a custom theme and changing the positions of them with the app so there off screen.

Oh cool, I will definately experiment with that when I get my GDEMU :)

Any idea what values would be needed to change the game info section and PVR section to make them off screen? Thanks again.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#75 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am

Bill Lumbergh wrote:Any idea what values would be needed to change the game info section and PVR section to make them off screen? Thanks again.

I already wrote how to do this, wait for RazorX to add this to its program

John
shadow

Post#76 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:42 pm

RazorX wrote:
John wrote:

Thanks again RazorX!

Yeah, I agree this would be very useful. I was unable to create cover art for a particular few games as they keep crashing after re-built. I'd rather turn off cover art for all than having a few blank ones.

I created easy to use tools to replace the pvrs for the entire tosec dump collection and included a pvr for every game in the three regions. (PAL, NTSC, JAP)
There available on this forum, just make sure to run the script updater to use the latest versions of my scripts.
just bare in mind there gdi only, no cdi support.

Thanks. I knew about the tool and it is a great tool indeed! Saved me a lot of time. However there are just a few games that doesn't work after replacing the art, such as Max Steel and Metropolis Street Racer. Mostly I get a black screen or freezes for these problematic ones. It has nothing to do with your tool. But anyway thanks to megavolt85 and dubcity I have already obtained the workings ones posted on this forum. :D

RazorX
brutal

Post#77 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Bill Lumbergh wrote:
RazorX wrote:

Thanks again RazorX!

Oh cool, I will definately experiment with that when I get my GDEMU :)

Any idea what values would be needed to change the game info section and PVR section to make them off screen? Thanks again.

i just used 999 for my testing but when i get the time i will add an option to remove it

sonic02
rebel

Post#78 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:40 pm

sweet nice new gdemu look now i've got to check out some youtube videos on how to get this new menu look set up

galaxygod
core

Post#79 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:31 pm

any idea why this isnt working for me? i follow all the instructions and when i try and boot my dreamcast i just get a black screen. i can boot the classic gdmenu still

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#80 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:42 pm

galaxygod wrote:any idea why this isnt working for me? i follow all the instructions and when i try and boot my dreamcast i just get a black screen. i can boot the classic gdmenu still

maybe you missed a step. did you scramble at the end?