Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller now available for preorder

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roel
Developer

Re: Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller now available for preorder

Post#11 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 am

Anthony817 wrote:People also speculated the firmware of the dongle could be flashed to directly work with Xbox One and PS4 controllers, but it they have no USB port on the dongle not sure how that will be possible.

The Mega Drive dongles for Retro-bit's 2.4GHz controllers do have a micro USB port. Don't know about their other dongles though.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 pm

Oh wow they do? Fantastic! This should hopefully mean the Saturn and Dreamcast dongles will also have them.

Thanks Roel.

Also, any update on you guys Golden Axe remake game? I remember hearing about it years ago how Senile Team were remaking it or something but not a lot of news since. I understand Intrepid Izzy takes priority as it should because the demo is fantastic, but I just always wanted to ask you guys about it.

Roel
Developer

Post#13 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:36 am

Anthony817 wrote:Also, any update on you guys Golden Axe remake game? I remember hearing about it years ago how Senile Team were remaking it or something but not a lot of news since. I understand Intrepid Izzy takes priority as it should because the demo is fantastic, but I just always wanted to ask you guys about it.

Ah, Age of the Beast... It wasn't going to be a Golden Axe remake, although I did take some inspiration from GA (and Guardian Heroes, Streets of Rage and others). I still think it was a great idea, but unfortunately the sheer volume of animation it required, made it impossible for me to keep the development on track. On the plus side, my research into ways to speed up the animation process is what led to the development of the very tools that made Intrepid Izzy possible.

I'm not sure if I will return to developing Age of the Beast. Right now the only thing I know for sure I want to do after completing Intrepid Izzy, is to get some rest.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#14 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:47 am

Roel wrote:Right now the only thing I know for sure I want to do after completing Intrepid Izzy, is to get some rest.

The long awaited sequel to Intrepid Izzy: Resting Roel.