New game: Moving Day!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Protofall
undertow

Re: New game: Moving Day!

Post#11 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:49 am

Roz wrote:Version to dreamshell avalible?

I'm not sure what you mean. I've never used dreamshell before, but the download is just a normal cdi in a zip

fafadou wrote:Oh very nice project !!

Thank you :D

Roz
photon blast

Post#12 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:03 am

In Dreamshell, CDI dont work many times.
In ISO format or plain files with IP.BIN in ZIP is better.

Protofall
undertow

Post#13 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:24 am

Roz wrote:In Dreamshell, CDI dont work many times.
In ISO format or plain files with IP.BIN in ZIP is better.

Oh right, the 1st_read.bin + IP.BIN + cdfs/ folder? Sure I can do that, here's one for v0.3.1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/c80yyfm0 ... n.zip/file

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#14 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 pm

Thank you very much, Protofall! Is the source code to this game available? If so, then that would be nice so that someone could add even more content to the game! :-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 am

Nz17 wrote:Thank you very much, Protofall! Is the source code to this game available? If so, then that would be nice so that someone could add even more content to the game! :-)

He is still working on it adding new stuff right now..

Protofall
undertow

Post#16 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Nz17 wrote:Thank you very much, Protofall! Is the source code to this game available? If so, then that would be nice so that someone could add even more content to the game! :-)

The plan is *eventually* Moving Day's source code will be open source. I'd be happy to make it open source today, however it depends on my "Crayon" library for graphics and some memory stuff. Crayon is still very young (v0.2.0-dev) and I feel like it would be bad to make it open source right now since I already have plans to change a bunch of things between now and v0.4.0. So anyone who learnt Crayon v0.2.0-dev would have to re-learn the system for v0.3.0 and then again for v0.4.0.

I think once Crayon v0.4.0 is done, nothing major should change after that, so then I'll make Crayon and any project that used it (Minesweeper, Moving Day) open source.

Like Ian said its still a WIP and hasn't been abandoned. Moving Day v0.4 will have sound, most of the work has been done, I just need to add my 2D audio API files to the Moving Day project folder and make the function calls to load and play the audio files. I want to get that out soon, but I've got to do a big-ish assignment now so it might happen late this week or next. This update should have been out ages ago :oops:

If you notice any bugs or features that should be added then message me and I'll add it to my Github issues. :D

Alabek
noob

Post#17 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:12 am

Are you moving to San Francisco? from los angels to san francisco moving company provides reliable and budget-friendly from los angels to san francisco movers services. Our professional from los angels to san francisco movers will make sure that your move is as easy and stress-free as possible. Get a free moving quote today and let us make your move easy and stress-free.