Sylverant PSO Patcher 2.0: GDI´s 100% WORKING!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Sylverant PSO Patcher 2.0: GDI´s 100% WORKING!

Post#11 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:14 am

I'm missing something here I think? What's the purpose in this if you can just use modified CDI's with drive emus?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:52 pm

I have no idea. Today's DC pirates seem obsessed with using 1:1 GDI rips of their games, even if the CDI is just fine.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#13 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I have no idea. Today's DC pirates seem obsessed with using 1:1 GDI rips of their games, even if the CDI is just fine.

I understand where you are coming from.
This diminishes all the work put into creating selfboot cdi's.
It has become a relic.
But, can you blame them?
Its an exact copy of the disk.

Ede07
undertow

Post#14 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi, i downloaded the .cdi file of GDEMU pso patcher and placed it above my psoV2 us version in the gdmenu list. Then i get this screen, when i start pso patcher.

https://ibb.co/d4YbLDy

Can anybody tell me what i do wrong? Thanks.

Ede07
undertow

Post#15 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:39 am

Am i the only one, using this method? If so, i would be glad if someone just introduce me to connecting to pso. I have a gdemu, i have the game ohysical, i have it on sd card, i have a bba and a patcher file. Hundreds of guides, nothing helps. It cant be this magic, cant it? I really hope for a private message. Thanks!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#16 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:15 pm

The boot disc isn't made for GDEMU. There's a pull request on GitHub with a link to a modified version made for GDEMU, but most people just use my CDI of PSO and avoid disc swapping entirely.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

brunovieira90
minority

Post#17 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Hello! has anyone got a solution to use the patcher in gdemu? i use a JP copy as it is the version i have SNAK so i can play in server events, but as the cdi version with autopacth is based on a ntsc-u version i can't use my character in cdi, just using the gdi jp version, and I need to enable the connection with codebreaker. I tried the version available on the github request, but when I connect it freezes on the burst screen before entering the server.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:44 pm

There isn't anything inherent in the PSO Patcher that should make it not work with a GDEmu type device as long as you put the game right after the patcher in the list of images. So long as those devices don't mess with the data stream, you're using clean images, and you don't use a menu before loading the patcher.

brunovieira90
minority

Post#19 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:52 pm

so Blue crab, I put pso patcher 4 gdemu and the game next was pso v2 jp. I used a gdi tosec that I shrinked it and added a custom skin. the game launches normally and runs until I connect. when I connect it is frozen on the burst screen without being able to reach the server. I believe it's the same thing that happens with the game when you don't redirect correctly to the active server (sylverant) I believe this has to do with the region of the game I use (jp) that if I'm not mistaken there are some differences in the steps of connection, correct?