UPDATE QUAKE ARENA 1 RADQUAKE 4.8 PVR MAX LIMITS + Classic quake with cdda

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

UPDATE QUAKE ARENA 1 RADQUAKE 4.8 PVR MAX LIMITS + Classic quake with cdda

Post#1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Whats this about
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q3 comes to Quake. This is a great mod - some cracking levels (27) and you get a real flavor of Q3. Latest version has improved bots & new gamemodes -- Dreamcast version included new dm maps no need for quake 1 pak files type map37 to see a new map. I will be making my own maps for this. I have tryed my hardest to make this stable extra fast polished release. Total time worked on just this was 2 weeks.
This is based on the PSP and NIntendo 3ds port and the pc version. Great mod of quake with q3 weapons, armors and gameplay style.

Credits to the following people this is based on
----------------------------------------------------------------
Based on q1a 0.75 mod from electro
lupus
mail - bad_lupus[at]ua[dot]fm
3DS fix by Purplstuph

How to use
------------------------------------------------------------
To play when it loads Press (A) to bring up onscreen keyboard, Use it to type map Press (X) for space then 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc then move to enter press (A) game will start you can do this and go thru all the maps. there are lots i have included.
now if you have a dreamcast keyboard just use it. at console when it first loads type map 1 or any others

I have also included map alias binding config so you dont have to know the map names just map 1,2,3,4,5,6, all the way to map 37

Radquake 4.8 pvr maxlimts
-----------------------------------------
Engine upgrade Features
--Max models now 500
--Max zone buffer now 56k
--Max Surface cache 1024
--Max Wav bufhunk
--Max Edicts 800
--Max file handle 50
--Max script buffer
-- Overflow allowed - experimetal
--11 meg silent heap experimental
-- 3rd person view now selectable from gameplay option
--Faster turning speed
--New console background
-- ingame music

Screen shots
rqaselector.png

rqaloaded.png

rqakey.png

radarea.png

rqapti.png

help.png

weapons.png

weapons1.png

weapons2.png

weapons3.png

weapons4.png

rqamap4.png

rqamap3.png

rqamap1.png

rqamap2.png

Link to selfboot cdi with custom ipbin should now work on gdemu
https://mega.nz/#!72QyXCRQ!3dY8-7GciQnN ... LX-PCRhd8Y
Link to src still a mess
RADQUAKE 4.8.zip
(594.48 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

Example all these dm maps will work with it https://www.quaddicted.com/tronyn-revie ... h_classics
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: QUAKE AREA 1 RADQAUKE 4.8 PVR MAX LIMTS

Post#2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:23 am

Damn son! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: QUAKE ARENA 1 RADQUAKE 4.8 PVR MAX LIMITS

Post#3 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:40 am

Here is the standard release update you can use these plainfiles to make your own mod cds
CDDA AUDIO and 44khz stereo bin to follow soon that cant be used for mod cds

main.png
main.png (33.61 KiB) Viewed 8359 times

src is the same as above

Link to plainfiles

RAD4.8maxbin.rar
(840.62 KiB) Downloaded 382 times

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:45 am

Oh fantastic !!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Here is the standard release update you can use these plainfiles to make your own mod cds

Awesome thanks! Can't wait! I love your port for the rumble. No other port I tried has it. ;)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 am

Anthony817 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Here is the standard release update you can use these plainfiles to make your own mod cds

Awesome thanks! Can't wait! I love your port for the rumble. No other port I tried has it. ;)

Here is Radquake4.8 CDDA SELFBOOT CDI with CDDA audio
---------------------------------------------------------------
thanks to mrneo240 for showing me how to turn mds into CDI it's a few more steps for me but it works
Here is just classic quake fullversion with CDDA should work in proper order now.. If you let the first demo1 run 10sec it loads up the menu rock song and it does play, but the timing is never going to be spot on for that, if you click start to new game straight away, it will make all the cd tracks out of order, i dont see anyway to fix this since if you wait till the menu rock song plays and it only starts if you let the first demo run and not press any buttons.. once it does your fine I think thats some of why people did not get it working.
main.png
main.png (34.33 KiB) Viewed 8308 times

Link to selfboot CDI it's 700mb Classic quake No mods to menu fullsound track there's only 1 real song thats the menu rest is background stuff
https://mega.nz/#!32xW0ADa!jwcWxHUBEZyj ... 4YX_1tuoQQ
This was the first quake 1 source port with rumblepak , and all src is there people are free to use it
Glad you enjoy that feature i will be making more youtube videos on the new versions soon trying to get better at that.
Rumble pack can be customized as well :D
rumble.png

PS cdda code now fixed on console you can type cd info and all cd commands from console has been broken till now

Example from console type cd play 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to hear each track and see if it is working on gdemu
So it be

Code: Select all

cd play 2   cd play 3  etc

If it's not play try

cd reset

if that does not wotk
try

cd on

To know it's just cd audio going to audio turn sound off like the picture only cd audio will play
audio.png

cdinfo.png

Now all these work so you could make custom soundtracks use commands to remap them

1.6 CD-Specific Commands

cd on - re-enables the CD subsystem
cd off - disables the CD subsystem
cd reset - causes CD subsystem to reinitalize; useful if you changed CDs
cd play  - plays the specified track
cd loop  - keeps playing the specified track
cd stop - stops playing the current track
cd resume - resumes playback from a stop
cd remap   ... - remaps CD tracks so 1st track is track one.. etc..
cd info - reports information on the CD

This may not boot from a cdr the custom ip.bin is for telling the gdemu it's a real gdrom from sega works on all emulators i tryed.
Plain bin CDDA version to make fullcd audio quake 1 and official cds now it will crash most mods So dont use this for mod cds the modmenu only appears if you place folders with pakfiles on the ID1 folder.
Radquake4.8CDDAPLAIN.rar
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 415 times

Ps quake console commands that work on radquake http://www.gamers.org/dEngine/quake/QDP/qconcmds.html

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Re: UPDATE QUAKE ARENA 1 RADQUAKE 4.8 PVR MAX LIMITS + Classic quake with cdda

Post#7 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am

tried quake arena 1, good game, but fps not stable and game show black screen after 10-15 min gameplay.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Ivan GR wrote:tried quake arena 1, good game, but fps not stable and game show black screen after 10-15 min gameplay.

I have seen a random crash but it does run longer then 15 mins it's not a memory leak if so leave it at the start menu wait 15 min or go into the game die once and dont respawn and wait 15 min.. I think it was a random crash not a hard constant thing depends on what map you play there all different memory amounts ..

not something i can test for on real hardware. i left it running overnight on nulldc it was still running in the morning each map uses changed amount of memory might want try a few more times past 15 it can have random crashes i have seen that..

Thanks for trying it out other maps may work longer or shorter im sorry you had a crash like that this is pushed to the max on nulldc ive played for hours at a time thats why i released it i did lots of playtesting.

It's a cool game i agree i have changed it a lot from the psp version which needed over 32meg.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Oh if you want to test the exact map i did most of my play testing on type menu_main at console that pulls up main menu choose single player new game thats my default map. As we speak I'm doing a 20 min test no crash so far for me .. I used a timer if it was hard 15 that would be a memory leak would crash there every time..

Now sometimes ive had it not even boot and crash straight away but not always ok still running 25mins now.

As columbo said just one more thing sir... It has map random cycle code so every playthru if you play long enff it loads other maps some of those you might of hit.. i know 1 that gets stuck asks for a MDL i dont have if you press esc it gets by..

Edit
Update still running 45 mins gone thru 5 maps

I'm now on this map
map7.png

Not that you would see on debug if it appears to stop saying loading it's because of this

PackFile: /cd/quake/id1/pak0.pak : sound/announce/angel_wins.wav
PackFile: /cd/quake/id1/pak0.pak : gfx/loading.lmp
PackFile: /cd/quake/id1/pak0.pak : progs.dat
FindFile: can't find maps/hatedm1.bsp
Couldn't spawn server maps/hatedm1.bsp

if you press esc on the real dc keyboard it will get past hatedm.1bsp map has to be removed it's faulty i seem to have left in the mapcycle.. also if you leave it long enff it get past say failed to connect to host then just restart a new game it still works.

I love feed back gives a reason to do another version as this is close to final for me i want to move on to other projects and after 2 weeks straight of working on this sometimes 6 hours a day testing coding changes.. i need a break of looking at it lol

All feedback is welcome and loved as a dev i play it a certain way others would not.

Edit left it running been hours on nulldc it's still going.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 am

I have a new bug fixed version that loads straight to the menu no keyboard needed at all. Ive recompiled the mod's src and made changes also replaced maps that made it lag.. be coming soon.. I will show it working on youtube video when i release the rev 1 of this..