DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: New Updated OpenborDC Engine Beta6 with Pc menu

Post#91 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Also by re edting the openbor game the pak changing all ogg music to music bor format and downsampling all wav files i have been able to get games to load that just did not before i will be wrtting a guide on that and new update to openbor soon..

also editing models.txt change load to know will help only load things when needed not all at once to memory

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#92 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:03 pm

I would never burn this update to a cdr it's silly slow over 15 to 20 mins to load a game from a cdr i only use this with GDEMU not a cdr till i fix this all releases using this are almost useless played from a cdr.. sorry i never had real hardware to check it.. people have tested it from a GDEMU and it's fine..

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#93 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:20 pm

I appreciate the updates to OpenBOR, even if they've been slow to load from CD-R (that's how I've played them, and on emulator, which is a bit quicker). I believe in quality over quantity of gameplay, so I'm fine with the CDIs on CD-R. I prefer features over quick load time.

I look forward to your Visual Troy Advance port, if you port it.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#94 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:30 am

ChristinaDreamcustDC wrote:I appreciate the updates to OpenBOR, even if they've been slow to load from CD-R (that's how I've played them, and on emulator, which is a bit quicker). I believe in quality over quantity of gameplay, so I'm fine with the CDIs on CD-R. I prefer features over quick load time.

I look forward to your Visual Troy Advance port, if you port it.

Thank you just setting up kos 2.11 again for openbor so time to start work

AkuShadow
rebel

Post#95 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Is there a better tutorial or video on how to use this? I dont understand exactly what I'm supposed to do to create a cdi file.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#97 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 am

Ian, you are a genious, thanks for this project! I love Streets of Rage saga. I hope we can play them in Dreamshell with HDD mod, so I am looking for a CDI file for SD so to adapt it and make it work in HDD
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#98 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Ian, you are a genious, thanks for this project! I love Streets of Rage saga. I hope we can play them in Dreamshell with HDD mod, so I am looking for a CDI file for SD so to adapt it and make it work in HDD

I can do this for you there are a lot of streets of rages mods that will work right now.. I guess I'm use to making a SD iso for dreamshell do you think that be ok..

Once my computer upgrade is complete the next update will be new version for this..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:40 am

Hi Ian : If it is CDI file better for me to open it and
to adapt to IDE (i read you work on sd versions) Well i have read all your 67 times edited post trying to know which version is more suitable to run series like SOR 2X, SOR Z,or BK 6 all these SOR series but I am not developer and my mother language is not English so I can understand with difficult some technical things you refer (like palettes 8bit/16bit) So Could you tell me which versions here you uploaded are better to test these kind of games in Dreamshell? What I have is a Dreamcast IDE HDD and I was already testing some of your games here uploaded by you and runs fine, but for example the ones I have now like SOR 2X (+175mb) or King of Fighters beat em up 2017 (+200mb) does not boot after waiting about 15 mins! or more, socI would ike to know if those openbor games could work..

Pd: Remember I only have DC IDE and I could test anything you need in it, fr this I have the knowledge and i know how to adapt SD versions, I have CDI, ISO toolsto convert, etc

Sorry for make you read so much and excuse me if you can not understand some of my English, keep on developing this awesome emulators!
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: New openbor game Crisis Evil Remake Remastered link updated

Post#100 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Also this is a new update of Double Dragon Extreme...as of February 21, 2019 it has arcade version 1 and 2 and nes 1 and 2 and more.. it's pretty cool

•OpenBOR (KallistiOS 2.x compatible)
https://github.com/sega-dreamcast/openbor

https://mega.nz/#!K7wXFSqS!WQ6aQG5RApGM ... _DE2oRCjqs

Hi Ian Let me know if I undertand all good: ALL TO DO A CDI/ISO FILE
1-ESTRUCTURE TO MAKE DREAMBOR GAMES WORK WITHOUT MENU:
-DATA/VIDEO.TXT eliminated
-(NO PAKS FOLDER)
-1ST_READ.BIN
-RAD.BIN
-IP.BIN
-BOR.PAK (GAME RENAMED)

2-ESTRUCTURE TO MAKE DREAMBOR GAMES WORK WITH MENU:
-DATA->VIDEO.TXT /DATA > BGS >VIDEO.RAR /VIDEO.TXT (AGAIN)
-LOGS
-PAKS (GAMES HERE with same name as root)
-SCREENSHOTS >RAD.BIN
-1ST_READ.BIN
-RAD.BIN
-IP.BIN
-GAMES.PAK (games here with same name as in PAKS folder)

Is it ok to create a selfboot file (CDI/ISO) ?

PD: I guess something: If we collect games in the Menu version will be slower to boot because we have to put 2 times the games ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-