DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.7 SDL DMA New low memory

Post#161 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:46 pm

Dreambor 6.8 full vmu saving when you make it to level 2 end game and quit it will save where you where an your high score
video demo of vmu saving working correct

How saving work if your on level 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc you just end game then quit this is exactly the same as pc where it auto saves when you click the window off

Place can save in your level.txt
cansave 1
Double buffer pvr dma rendering no more screen tearing SDL DMA double buffer dreamhal video driver
-vmu saving now done
- settings for gamma and sound and video
-sh4 memory routines all C versions replaced
-8bit pal now can reach 60fps
- Use next to free memory between a stage / it frees scripts of last stage and sprites not used "next" command goes between stages on level.txt
-code clean up and optimizing

Src and version be out soon

release soon just showing vmu saving progress this marks a major upgrade to dreambor..

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.8 VMU SAVING

Post#162 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Those are great news, the only thing left is to add puru puru (vibration) functionality and with that the dreambor will become the best version of the engine.

Imagine games with forcefeedback compatibility.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.7 SDL DMA New low memory

Post#163 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm

DreamBOR wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Dreambor 6.8 full vmu saving when you make it to level 2 end game and quit it will save where you where an your high score
video demo of vmu saving working correct

How saving work if your on level 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc you just end game then quit this is exactly the same as pc where it auto saves when you click the window off

Place can save in your level.txt
cansave 1
Double buffer pvr dma rendering no more screen tearing SDL DMA double buffer dreamhal video driver
-vmu saving now done
- settings for gamma and sound and video
-sh4 memory routines all C versions replaced
-8bit pal now can reach 60fps
- Use next to free memory between a stage / it frees scripts of last stage and sprites not used "next" command goes between stages on level.txt
-code clean up and optimizing

Src and version be out soon

release soon just showing vmu saving progress this marks a major upgrade to dreambor..

ESPAÑOL

PPSSSHH, ya tenia previsto lanzar mañana TMNTxBT con grandes mejoras al respecto del original y compatible con DreamBOR 6.7, pero viendo la noticia voy a esperar... ¿o no?

ENGLISH

PPSSSHH, I had already planned to launch tomorrow TMNTxBT with great improvements over the original and compatible with DreamBOR 6.7, but seeing the news I will wait ... or not?

only used the game to show saving working as i had it at hand Prolly wait till tomorrow so i can complete testing.. Not trying to to be doing lots of conversion .. Only thing that got me to do them was the only people doing them .. where not making sure you could play from start to complete and not unpacking the bor.pak so poor people had to wait 5 mins to load a game on cdr.. I'm sure your conversion would be great and better then i can do..

I rather be working on projects in the code level then converting games..

You always done a good job

My main problem is games which run out of ram people waste a cdr on it .. and coming looking for me for the problem

I show 3 games now that you can play complete and run 60fps..

16 32 bit are slow but work really not use-able till i get opengl hardware rendering As people have seen i now have SDL dreamhal with GLDC hardware rendering and adding it to this is now just a matter of time in the future ..

Need not to build on sand so i have gone back to fixing the api's of which this is built on..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#164 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Dakangel wrote:Those are great news, the only thing left is to add puru puru (vibration) functionality and with that the dreambor will become the best version of the engine.

Imagine games with forcefeedback compatibility.

I could prolly add that pretty easy I will look into that..

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#165 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:55 am

Awesome! Thanks Ian. Also hoping to see vibration pack supported added.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#166 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:28 am

Well done @Ian

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#167 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Fantastic work on getting auto saves working with the VMU! So hyped!

By the way Ian, could any of these latest advancements to OBOR that you have made over this past year help with getting any of those Castlevania mods working you originally tried to get running for me a while back? I think you mentioned you had to do something pretty tedious to the Splatterhouse mod and it was a lot of work? Just wondering if any of these new enhancements to this fork of the port would help with performance or how it was crashing and running out of memory?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#168 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Fantastic work on getting auto saves working with the VMU! So hyped!

By the way Ian, could any of these latest advancements to OBOR that you have made over this past year help with getting any of those Castlevania mods working you originally tried to get running for me a while back? I think you mentioned you had to do something pretty tedious to the Splatterhouse mod and it was a lot of work? Just wondering if any of these new enhancements to this fork of the port would help with performance or how it was crashing and running out of memory?

Yes and dreambor there has provide a program that would make it not as bad palapply only the older version the new version pretty much useless

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#169 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 pm

DreamBOR wrote:
TMNT & BattleToads (Special Edition)[Cover 2021-06-05 03-33-44].gif

i waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Tried to pm you but you have it disabled

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#170 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:39 pm

DreamBOR wrote:
TMNT & BattleToads (Special Edition)[Cover 2021-06-05 03-33-44].gif

i waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Posted it on discord for testing comes with example game