DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: New Updated OpenborDC Engine Beta6 with Pc menu

Post#121 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:02 am

but, what about those leaked BOR encrypted color betas?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.2 with Pc menu

Post#122 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am

Well just like the amiga mulit launcher and custom media center i now have dream beats of rage returning and loading from DCMC so you can have full video mp3 about you game full artwork of you game videos etc.. To make your Dreamcast betas of rage game that bit more polished :)

Release a beta of it the next few days

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#123 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 am

Coming soon new version
dreamdcmcbeats.png

loading.png

Load and return from dcmc quite from dream beats of rage to reload more games no reboot:)

Coming soon working and tested there will be able to select up to 5 games on a disk and include movies pictures and music from the games :slight_smile: New version of dream beats or rage as well faster framerate saving stages or if a game has a save to unlock this should now work not save state but saving when unlocking an ending

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#124 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:14 am

I'm sorry to bother you here dear @Ian .

Sega is celebrating his 60th birthday as you probably know, tomorrow they release for free :
Streets of Kamurocho
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368 ... Kamurocho/

It will be a good project for @ripfire but he don't come here actually.
I want to know if the BOR engine could run this game and if you could request him.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:02 am

First showing of custom dream beats of rage 6.4 loading and returning from the custom dream cast media center update

DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.4 CUSTOM DCMC (return to menu) World hero's perfect

AyeYoYoYOOO
Anarki

Re: New Updated OpenborDC Engine Beta6

Post#126 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:53 am

Any updates on if:

“MARTIAL MASTERS: New Legend”
Or
“MARVEL SUPER HEROES: War of the Gems”

...are able to come to our beloved Dreamcasts ?
Maybe 32mb memory mod dreamcasts ?
Both are truly masterful OpenBOR games!

Ian Micheal wrote:
Ripfire wrote:Continue...
Continuación:

- Final Fight: Last Round [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Final Fight: Special Edition [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Final Fight X (Dc Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Final Fight X Battletoads (R4MB0 Version) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Golden Axe: Remake (Dc Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Golden Axe: Remake (Special Edition) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Guardian Heroes: Warpath [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Halloween: The Wrath of Michael Myer (Demo 1) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Hatchet Ninjas (Dc Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Hyper Duel (Demo) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Hyper Final Fight 1, 2, 3 (Dc Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Ikari Warriors 2010 (Special Edition) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Kill Ryu 1 & 2 [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Kungpow's Sailor Moon Trilogy [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Ladies of Rage (Dc Version) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Luta Final Fight [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Martial Masters - New Legend (The Gladiator) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Marvel × Dc + SNK [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Marvel First Alliance v1.00 (Special Edition) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Marvel Super Heroes: War Gems [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Mega Man X Xtreme Legend (Demo 1) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- MegaMan: The Power War - Ep1 [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Melty Blood Stimulate [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Metal Gear Origin. Code Name - Solid Snake [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Mortal Kombat: Konquest (Dc Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Mortal Kombat: Outworld Assassins v2 [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Mortal Kombat: Unlimited [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- NelsoncomicA (Demo) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Neon Lightning Force (Light Version) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(
- Never Ending Story [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Night Slashers X (GP2X Version) [WORKING | FUNCIONA] :)
- Ninja Warriors X Marvel Super Heroes (Demo) [NOT WORKING | NO FUNCIONA] :(

Thank you Ripfire for all you testing.. while back you asked for the menu selector I thought it be pretty cool to have.. A lot games not working are running out of ram.. We have to mod them for dreamcast . Also the menu adds about 2 meg . no promises but im working now on OpenGL rending and filters .. I have Opengl and SDL working and all the filters compiling. But it take a lot more work with the src code.
With out the menu you can use 16bit and high res.. or still 8 bit with more memory then the menu version..
Thanks again :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#127 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Release of test new versions using DCMC it loads and returns to it plain files
Very tired today i was ask to get this out it should support saving now for unlocking
levels not tested yet but the code is there...

Thanks K-do for the dreambor logo

Plainfiles just unpak your bor.pak to data folder thats it no zero byte bor.pak needed anymore..

https://mega.nz/file/uUhGHbSC#P0TCRJS3o ... yIq11RoZHA

Aliens vs predator demo was never complete and it's not by me it's only included to show it working..

From memory i Optimized memory routines for speed using DreamHAL and it should load just a tiny bit more then it did before.. Speed with 8bit pal will be very fast now as the demo above shows 60fps smooth scrolling many games can be made using this..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#128 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:51 am

Game we can get working pretty nice all OG new not sprites rips would make a good fit not the normal beat things cowboy west shooter :)

I have it working right now takes work breaking done levels etc but i will do this one..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#129 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:13 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Release of test new versions using DCMC it loads and returns to it plain files
Very tired today i was ask to get this out it should support saving now for unlocking
levels not tested yet but the code is there...

Thanks K-do for the dreambor logo

Plainfiles just unpak your bor.pak to data folder thats it no zero byte bor.pak needed anymore..

https://mega.nz/file/uUhGHbSC#P0TCRJS3o ... yIq11RoZHA

Aliens vs predator demo was never complete and it's not by me it's only included to show it working..

From memory i Optimized memory routines for speed using DreamHAL and it should load just a tiny bit more then it did before.. Speed with 8bit pal will be very fast now as the demo above shows 60fps smooth scrolling many games can be made using this..

Use
borpak.zip
(11.83 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
to unpak bor.pak files it makes a data folder thats all you need

place menu.bin in the data folder when you quit any game it will reload dcmc
menu.rar
(124.93 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

Games you have to edit the models.txt and levels.txt to allow to work better or at all on dreamcast it's a start to get the game running

video.txt to suit res of the game

If your not unpacking any openbor game before trying it or releasing it just dont do that.. non unpacked games take 10 mins to load on a cdr please be mindful most people are still burning these with cdrs ...
Unpacked it's max 2 mins to load on a cdr unpacked not 10 mins or more with a black screen..
I modded the engine so it works on nulldc with console output itwill tell you on debug why the game crashes or does not load or boot this a major thing it's how you know how much memory the game is using and if it's not finding files...
Many openbor games are just broken when they put them out with missing scripts errors that might get by on pc but will not on this much more strict engine..

Other thing to note file names in the games and how long they are matter sometimes you have to rename all the files in level and in the scripts to even get a game to boot it's not always because it dont fit in memory.. we cant have ___ wierd spaces in file names this is the biggest cause for games breaking and not working...
With nulldc console out put you will see the whole game load all the files it will tell you whats missing and how much memory it used to boot to the menu.. Each time you optimize the levels you can see how much less used..
Also when it crashes with out memory it will tell you how much was asked for and why it crashes.. Using the debug you can get any game to work if you put in the time and effort i cant do this to the 1000's of openbor games there is 4 new today that need to be converted to dreamcast ..
I'm more on the coding side and have many many projects and i have to spend my time on those.. I would love to just make a proper ground up game and show what can be done that would be months full time only it and nothing else would ever get done..

Tips up there is how you do it.. Old openbor never worked on nulldc so you never knew why it crashes..
The first thing i did was get this working on Nulldc for people with out a coders cable so you could see why a game crashes ..

Work with in limits like making each level self contained If you want to see how look at ripfire's level.txt or some of mine etc.. make sure to have next after levels not load level after level with no next it pre loads every level with out next all at once..
Break levels in to 1 level parts for large games this is the only way to make it play-able..
You cant have 5 levels pre loading it you will have no memory and fail to load maybe level 3 ..When you release these and dont test that it can be complete it turns people off and they dont want to see any more Dreamcast openbor games.. make sure to play your releases from start to end before releasing them..

Just because a game plays level 1 and 2 and runs does not mean it play level 3 or be able to be complete memory is never freed from mapping sprites this not a bug but a function of openbor.. Only things freed just check the src if you dont get it.. are level scripts back grounds All sprites are always kept mapped in memory on the pc version and dc version.. When the team said there is no memory leak on the dc version they was correct what they should said no memory can be freed since scripts are compiled at run time and map the engine grafix in memory freeing them does nothing once the scripts are compiled at run time..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#130 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm

logo.gif
logo.gif (2.68 KiB) Viewed 6284 times

Dreambor plainfiles 6.6 chui DMA PVR SDL driver double buffer for speed and smooth-ness
The lost sdl1.2.13 for kos2.0 built on new toolchain on linux fixed png versions

Plainfiles for cdr gdemu
Must unpack bor.pak to the data folder please
dreambor[6.6][DMA]CDR][PLAIN.rar
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 285 times

Dreamshell retro dream plainfiles
dreambor[6.6][DMA]CDR][PLAIN.rar
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 285 times

Pal file for converting swapping 16 32 too 8 with infraview saves ram and makes a lot of speed
you have to import each file by hand and import this pal file then apply and save..
ff.rar
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

3:14 PM] ian micheal: free command works when saying next in your level.txt if your files are unpacked into the data folder it cant free a bor.pak held in memory 2 times 1 time cached the other being read.. video.txt turns caching off allowing free to work with the next command
[3:14 PM] ian micheal: ever try deleting a file in windows when you have it open in folder same thing

https://archive.org/download/OpenBorPAKCollection make sure to convert to 8 mod models txt to known cut chars down if needed change the level.txt to have next after a level..
Attachments
loading8.gif
loading8.gif (8.45 KiB) Viewed 6284 times
Dreambor[6.6][DS][DMA].rar
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 267 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.