Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Post#101 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:02 am

Anthony817 wrote:I guess you haven't heard of a little game called Tokyo Extreme Racer or Grand Theft Auto? They have some obvious rip offs of real cars, but they got better of making them differentiated enough from real life counterparts at least in GTA V, but GTA IV had almost exact replicas especially the Buick GNX clone. But TXR hands down used the same designs as the real life cars with only removed logos and nobody batted an eye. I was worried a bit when I saw the BTTF Delorean design as well as K.I.T.T. and the 1989 Batmobile, but eh. I think it will be fine.

I have but those aren't exact models with the logos swapped. They're using the actual cars in the Kickstarter campaign as a way to sell the game.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#102 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:37 am

Hohhh sgmx this the feller who unleashed Flintstones to the world?

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#103 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I just wanted to post an update here guys. With only 9 days to go, it was time to post what has been going on with this Kickstarter. It is wildly popular as you can see from it already reaching 100% funding. The stretch goals have been restructured to more realistic expectations. And from it a lot has been made available, as well as making the online game mode even more of a possibility!

I know $100k is pretty much an optimistic goal at this point, but you never know, it could surprise us!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#104 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Anthony817 wrote:It is wildly popular as you can see from it already reaching 100% funding.

I usually base popularity on how many people back a project rather than how much money they raise. And based on that, so far I wouldn't call it "wildly popular" with 203 backers. Alice Dreams Tournament had 374 backers, Elysyan Shadows (I know that wasn't Dreamcast only but the DC was the platform they were really pushing and they claimed most people were pledging for the DC version) had 2,282 backers. So compared to those, this is not exactly bringing in crowds.

I also wonder how many of those 13 people currently pledging €3,000 really intend to spend that much money on this.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#105 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Wow! Lots of cool cars in that pic. :)
A fork lift? Anyone who wins a race with that is a master. :lol:

Dude! An F1 racing car? :shock:
Cool! :D
Last edited by beanboy on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#106 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

I will admit, if they improve the graphics of the game a bit more, it might look close to the graphics quality, of Test Drive V Rally 2 Expert Edition, on the dreamcast. :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#107 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Tarnish wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:It is wildly popular as you can see from it already reaching 100% funding.

I usually base popularity on how many people back a project rather than how much money they raise. And based on that, so far I wouldn't call it "wildly popular" with 203 backers.

Maybe a better choice of words would have been "wildly successful"? It has already reached the goal is why I was saying it. Games that don't reach their goals I wouldn't exactly call popular in the slightest. However I agree popular might not be the best word. Considering how few Kickstarted DC games actually reach their goals these days it must count for something right?

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#108 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 am

beanboy wrote:Wow! Lots of cool cars in that pic. :)
A fork lift? Anyone who wins a race with that is a master. :lol:

Dude! An F1 racing car? :shock:
Cool! :D

I'm real curious whether they'll have unique, fitting handling for each car, or will it be just a model swap and you can beat an F1 car with a forklift.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#109 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:45 am

Popular? No. Successful? Yes.

I have to say I am quite shocked. I don't know any of these companies that threw their hat into the ring for custom cars, but I am really surprised by how many did so. This game is going to get made solely on the car sponsors and the publisher that jumped in.

Excellent work making good connections. Say what you will about the quality of the game, but these guys apparently planned out a good kickstarter strategy.

I'll probably update my pledge for a full game and add it to my list of DC games I'm waiting to show up in the mail. Good luck to you guys.

I'm real curious whether they'll have unique, fitting handling for each car, or will it be just a model swap and you can beat an F1 car with a forklift.

I second that.

SirNyan
dark night

Post#110 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 am

Nico0020 wrote:Popular? No. Successful? Yes.

I have to say I am quite shocked. I don't know any of these companies that threw their hat into the ring for custom cars, but I am really surprised by how many did so. This game is going to get made solely on the car sponsors and the publisher that jumped in.

We thought about sponsoring a car, but after taking everything into consideration we decided to hold off. It can be a nightmare to get financial backing for indie related Dreamcast projects, so we want to make sure our money goes to something that actually needs the money to reach completion.

I do personally know the owners of about 60% of these sponsors though.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!