Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Post#91 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:10 pm

I have tryed the demo.. I found it very cool :)
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#92 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
joshprod wrote:Hello

Here the wetransfer of our test on gigantic army https://we.tl/t-xmBePyp5dy :)

About programming i think we have nothing to prove i think :
- port atari st game on genesis and dreamcast (magic pockets) and add new musics.
- port psp game to dreamcast : 4x4 jam
- port pc steam game to dreamcast : battle crust (add tate mode) , finding teddy, armed seven (enhanced graphics and add new musics)
- port nec super cdrom to genesis and dreamcast (fx unit yuki)
- port pc steam game to switch and on ps4 soon.

- port pc steam game to sega saturn.

Telling that these jobs are easy, show that your skill in programming video game is really small. I prefer to have constructive feedback about customers than listen that. I reply to all message on my Messenger ;)

Code: Select all

)
--
KallistiOS Git revision 198f072: 2018. szept.  1. 19:10:03
  Punk@Corei3:/home/Punk/dc/kos
Error in dc\mem\sb.cpp:sb_WriteMem:463  -> Write to System Control Regs , not  i
mplemented , addr=5f74e4,data=1fffff

)maple: active drivers:
    Dreameye (Camera): Camera
    Sound Input Peripheral: Microphone
    PuruPuru (Vibration) Pack: JumpPack
    VMU Driver: Clock, LCD, MemoryCard
    Mouse Driver: Mouse
    Keyboard Driver: Keyboard
    Controller Driver: Controller
    Lightgun: LightGun
  DMA Buffer at ac6105e0
vid_set_mode: 640x480 NTSC
fs_romdisk: mounting image at 0x8c0f9da8 at /rd
maple: attached devices:

fs_romdisk: mounting image at 0x8c0f9da8 at /rd depending on what you have it , that could be some of the memory problems not wise to store your graphics and sound in a romdisk . It uses more memory to buffer out and in and , i have seen it does not cull the memory pool playing audio from it i have seen memory leaks.

I know your projects are using kos.

We all love the dreamcast, any work being done on it i support, i would like to see source code releases after the kickstarts are over and you have raised the money to allow others to make new things. it's your guys stuff but it be nice and would bring more developers in and create a bigger scene. Inturn more people more money for new pojects,
I would like to ask this on Gigantic army,

Code: Select all

LibADX: Checking Status
LibADX: Can't open file /cd/data/music/stage1.ogg

ADX is a katana lib , why is this outputing that on the bba debug Of your game ? yeah ADX would not open an OGG file . I think this is were some are confused about what your using.. i think it's just a name convention.. ADX is closed src lib it could not be used in KOS

ADX
Adx logo.svg
ADX is an audio codec created by CRI Middleware Co. Ltd., and was originally released in 1996.

ADX is a multi-streaming system, providing audio compression features while minimising processor load. It was used in video games to deliver relatively high quality audio without the need to stream directly from a disc. It is a 4-bit ADPCM format and can store mono or stereo audio, and is capable of looping audio (or playing from any arbitrary point in the audio's data) without noticable stutters (as would be the case, for example, with Redbook audio streamed in real time from a disc).

Sega's close relationship with CRI meant that ADX became a standard within the company for many years, debuting in around 1998 in Sega Saturn games and the vast majority of Sega Dreamcast ones. ADX has also been used by Sega since becoming a third-party developer. CRI also combined the technology with MPEG streams to create the Sofdec movie codec.

Today the technology is obsolete, with CRI launching a successor in ADX 2.

Games which utilise ADX

I would like to say use anthing you want. Keep the dreamalive. im only using KOS because it's better then a outdate old gcc 3x compiler Thats in katana ..

Good luck on all your projects

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#93 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:55 pm

joshprod wrote:Hello

Here the wetransfer of our test on gigantic army https://we.tl/t-xmBePyp5dy :)

About programming i think we have nothing to prove i think :
- port atari st game on genesis and dreamcast (magic pockets) and add new musics.
- port psp game to dreamcast : 4x4 jam
- port pc steam game to dreamcast : battle crust (add tate mode) , finding teddy, armed seven (enhanced graphics and add new musics)
- port nec super cdrom to genesis and dreamcast (fx unit yuki)
- port pc steam game to switch and on ps4 soon.

- port pc steam game to sega saturn.

Telling that these jobs are easy, show that your skill in programming video game is really small. I prefer to have constructive feedback about customers than listen that. I reply to all message on my Messenger ;)

Don't lose too much sleep over the official sdk or Kos sdk. Use whatever gives you the ability to get the performance to actually get the games running. I like the fact your bringing games that weren't on the platform, keep it up.

One question though, are you still bringing gold n blood to the drramcast? As well as finding teddy 2? Those were the two games I was waiting for.

joshprod
shadow

Post#94 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi Ian It could be nice if you could email me at [email protected] as we could chat. Cloofoofoo finding teddy 2 will be port soon I think a'd we ll try also with gold n blood. But on October or November there s a really great dreamcast game coming :) but it s a surprise.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#95 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:18 am

Kickstarter fund raising successful: €25,942 pledged of €25,000 goal

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#96 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:41 am

Congrats on hitting your campaign funding Joshprod. I was quite surprised by all the people putting in for a custom car/team, it seemed to help a lot. I'm interested to see what it is you do with this game. Good luck.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#97 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:14 pm

I was looking over the cars again, and I know JoshProd said they would do logo swaps, but I'm sorry, I don't think a logo swap is going to be enough when these cars are clearly their real life counterparts. Especially when you throw the Bat Mobile into it. Maybe the game will be small enough to fly under the radar, but unless the cars get a design overhaul, this game might get buried in legal trouble.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#98 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:37 pm

I guess you haven't heard of a little game called Tokyo Extreme Racer or Grand Theft Auto? They have some obvious rip offs of real cars, but they got better of making them differentiated enough from real life counterparts at least in GTA V, but GTA IV had almost exact replicas especially the Buick GNX clone. But TXR hands down used the same designs as the real life cars with only removed logos and nobody batted an eye. I was worried a bit when I saw the BTTF Delorean design as well as K.I.T.T. and the 1989 Batmobile, but eh. I think it will be fine.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#99 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Cool for them, best of luck i may buy it when it will be Released to everyone, depending on the feedback/reviews. I played a bit on iPhone, very basic, I hope there will be some serious enhancement

beanboy
Wazza

Post#100 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Joke time.

If they put, Wonder Woman's invisible jet in the game, I will laugh. :lol:
Because that is the easiest vehicle, to put in any game, especially if you're not going to make the wire frame version of it. It'll render in no time. :lol: